ecentric adjuster

So how does the ecentric adjuster work on the case behind the clutch? I didnt take a good look before i put it back together and i am wondering if that might be part of my no sixth gear issues? It seemed like it jsut screwed into and open hole to nowhere? what is the correct installment procedure and the correct way to adjust it?

the screw has a lobe on it kinda like a camshaft, what you want to accomplish with this screw is to make the gaps on the shift star and the shift lever be the same. Make sure you bend the lock washer over on the lock nut when your done!. Maybe someone can be a little more techincal with you or provide pics but this is the best i can do at explaning it for you right now, look in your clymers manual and if you dont have one GET ONE!

Cody

that eccentric bolt is used to center the shift shaft up with the shift star. if the shift shaft is too far up or down, itll make it harder to shift one way or the other. use that eccentric bolt to center it up and youre good to go.

it shouldnt have anything to do with you not having 6th gear.