So many different motors so little time!

wizeass2005

CP Industries cylinders and twister billet cylinders all utilize a tripple exhaust ports and different intake designs. They also use boost ports between the intake and transfers.

For a comparison, here is a set of stock cylinders. You can see the difference in the cooling design differences between a small-block twister and stockers.

DSC00062.jpg

Edited by BigRed350x

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is kinda rude that the guys first post with a legitimate question gets told to google it and search. He asked for help and I'm sure there is some people here that are more then happy to help him out. Its not like he asked about a boost bottle.

By the way.. I looked through that link and there was absolutely nothing in there that pertained to his question....

Hey I just want to thank you all for your help. Now I know a little more, I had never even heard of cp industries. I was wondering can you still dune a big bore bike like a 611 or are those pretty much just for drag. how about the reliability of a big bike. And I did do a google search and it brought up nothing usefull.

Hey I just want to thank you all for your help. Now I know a little more, I had never even heard of cp industries. I was wondering can you still dune a big bore bike like a 611 or are those pretty much just for drag. how about the reliability of a big bike. And I did do a google search and it brought up nothing usefull.

Hey dude welcome too the HQ. Heath must of had a few too many vikes that day. lol. Hes cool. You will find all the info too any qs u have here dude. When your ready too start spending money check out us site sponsors. Many of us offer great deals too members. run a monthly special so check out the sponsor spotlight every month and see whats goin on. Lookin for something you cant find just ask. Have fun and let the spending begin bro. lol.

A 611 (16 mil Cheetah) would be a handful as a duner that's for sure. Your talking ~ 150 hp. Note that you would almost never want to put that engine in a stock chassis. Throw a 4 mil Cub (421 cc) or a 4mil Cheetah powervalve in a stock chassis with upgraded suspension, swingarm, etc and you would have a perfect duner/hill shooter. If you look around you can find complete Cub engines for sale that already have an override transmission and lockup in them that would be pretty much bolt-on and go. :cheers:

A 611 (16 mil Cheetah) would be a handful as a duner that's for sure. Your talking ~ 150 hp. Note that you would almost never want to put that engine in a stock chassis. Throw a 4 mil Cub (421 cc) or a 4mil Cheetah powervalve in a stock chassis with upgraded suspension, swingarm, etc and you would have a perfect duner/hill shooter. If you look around you can find complete Cub engines for sale that already have an override transmission and lockup in them that would be pretty much bolt-on and go. :cheers:

There are a lot of combinations out there that could get you into the 600+cc range and not all of them involve a huge stroke. My 612 is a 10mil stroke and you could definitely dune it if you can handle a bike like that, and had the right suspension and frame setup. You dont want a full override in a dune bike. WCR makes a duneable override and a new extreme model. Both would work for a dune setup. a 10mil cub makes a pretty mean dune bike, but a 4mil cheetah is plenty for what most people would do in the dunes.

There are a lot of combinations out there that could get you into the 600+cc range and not all of them involve a huge stroke. My 612 is a 10mil stroke and you could definitely dune it if you can handle a bike like that, and had the right suspension and frame setup. You dont want a full override in a dune bike. WCR makes a duneable override and a new extreme model. Both would work for a dune setup. a 10mil cub makes a pretty mean dune bike, but a 4mil cheetah is plenty for what most people would do in the dunes.

OK cause i was thinking of the same setup that you are running, a 78mm bore with a +10mm stroke. are you on stock casses? It would be a lot cheaper to do a 421cc but most people I ride with have those I wanna leed the pack for once!!! haha

OK cause i was thinking of the same setup that you are running, a 78mm bore with a +10mm stroke. are you on stock casses? It would be a lot cheaper to do a 421cc but most people I ride with have those I wanna leed the pack for once!!! haha

Going to need VERY extensive case work to fit a bore that size into stock cases.. You'll also need all new inakes, reed cages, head and exhaust pipes as nothing from a stock banshee motor will bolt on. I dont know what your expectations are for reliability but.. with a motor this size.. its not a matter if stuff will break, Its a matter of when. They tend to find the weak links rather quickly and often.

Have you ridden a 421 Cub? What's the fastest/most powerful fourwheeler that you've ridden?

If your gettin' off of a stockish Banshee and then onto a 600+cc Banshee please be careful. Even a good running alky 421 will make a piped Banshee feel like a tricycle going backwards. The 421 is a good "entry level" build as well as the most bang for your buck. Once your comfortable riding that you could always sell it and upgrade. Just a thought.

Have you ridden a 421 Cub? What's the fastest/most powerful fourwheeler that you've ridden?

If your gettin' off of a stockish Banshee and then onto a 600+cc Banshee please be careful. Even a good running alky 421 will make a piped Banshee feel like a tricycle going backwards. The 421 is a good "entry level" build as well as the most bang for your buck. Once your comfortable riding that you could always sell it and upgrade. Just a thought.

Pretty good advice there to be honest. But if you insist on a bigger motor like a twister, DM or DMX ect. you're going to have a lot of work done to fit the crank/cylinders in your stock cases. They will need welded/epoxied, trenched and bored...some cylinders will require adding to the case deck as well. Mattoon Machine makes billet cases to fit the popular cylinders and big strokes right out of the box. When you build and engine of this calibur it's a package purchase...not really something you can add to here and there and ride in between. In other words your stock motor bolt ons don't fit and you're going to want to just get the transmission built with billet second and the billet basket with straight cuts right off the bat. Build it right the first time and try to avoid costly breakage.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. are the cub's a power valve cylinder?

And to AKheathen thanks for being a dick! I did a do a google searchand it didn't bring up any usefull information asshole!

Welcome to HQ bro! :cheers: dont mind the retards. if everyone used google to find everything, there would be no sense in this website existing.

wow two post and your calling people dicks, fuck you asshole, he was helping you! Google it or search it you bitch!

Cody

geez, shut up.