jetting help me plz

sheerider20

well i have a 2001 banshee that i just had ported an the guy that did it wasn't any help on the jetting. he told me i should be close which idk im a total newbe to jetting.. the mods are as below pro cirbuit pipes, +7 timing, pro design cool head 20 cc domes, stock carbs, bored .030 over. the jetting was 27.5 pilots an 300 mains but that was with 19cc domes. elevation is 800 ft an temp is 30-40 f thank you for the help.

So have you ridin it like this yet? What does it feel like its doing thats not right? You do a proper plug chop yet? IMO your lean on the top by 1-2 sizes. Do a PROPER chop and find out for sure if you cant do it by fell and experience. http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/plugchop.html

Also, read this a fw times so you know how and why shit works. in your carbs. http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/jetfaq.html spinning-1.gif

well i can't get it to idle without cutting out. an no i put 330s in it an it sounds like crap 320s sounds better 310s sound the best. but it sounds rough it doesn't sound smooth at all like it did. before the tear down all gaskets were replaced an new orings. ive tried the air screw from .5 to 2.5 out. still won't idle. pilots are 27.5s an im runnin pods

How are you going by sound... are you rev'n the bike or are you riding the bike? Because you cant jet without a load on the motor. Also have you synced the carbs? Like Savage420 said. read those pages and really read the one that explains whats going on with the carb are what part of the throttle. What is your compression with the 20cc domes? And what fuel oct are you running? If you have changed fuel mix ratio your jetting will be off as well.

the carbs are synced an it held 6psi for 6 mins an didn't go down at all... so idk

Your timing seems to be a bit high, try bringing it down to +4, then check you pod and outer wears for dirt. Seems like your not getting enough air....oh and check your spark plug gap!

• 1 month later...

How will mixing up your fuel mix be off on your jetting? Last time I checked you dont jet off of fuel oct. All fuel oct is doing is keeping it from preignition. IE motor knocking/pinging. Now if you where to mess with the fuel/oil mix ratio then the jetting will change.