Overheating Shee in Dunes! Help!

Bruce642

My Shee has T'5s, Oversized gas tank, new impeller (alum),timing +4 degrees V-force reeds, Ported,K & N filter(with stock lid and holes in it).

Took her out Thanksgiving to California City (Mojave) and Shee ran GREAT with 290 main jets.

At Glamis with the 290 main jets my Shee overheated in less than 10 mins. Do I need to run larger jets for Glamis? Like 320's or larger? If so, what size do you guy think (with the mods I have)? I'm hoping to get some good answers from you guys that hit Glamis alot. My Shee always ran good stock out there. But with the mods? :(...

Thank for your input!!!

Bruce

You are deff running lean and those are way to lean! If ur ported and have 320 main in hand I would start with them. Also do u run an alum grill insert? A lot of those will cut the air flow down through the rad. But u deff need to figure ur jetting out before u melt some things down

You are deff running lean and those are way to lean! If ur ported and have 320 main in hand I would start with them. Also do u run an alum grill insert? A lot of those will cut the air flow down through the rad. But u deff need to figure ur jetting out before u melt some things down

I have some 320's I'll try those and check the pilots, air screw adjust and stock needle on 4th clip. I have a stock grill cover. So, all of this would cause me to heat up that quick?

depending on where you road previously those jets might of worked, but did you change tires ? are paddles on there now ? sand and paddles put a big load on the engine and also altitude plays a big factor. We go 3 mains bigger as the other guys are telling you. But it all depends where your comming from.

So just remember you have to consider the air quality,the altitude and what tires you run (in the sand).

what fuel are you useing? we use either 100 octaine or 50/50 just because of the good conditions make more power with an end result needing more and better fuel ! becareful not to blow your head gasket.

if you rejet the bike and the problem still happens pop the head off and check the gasket, theres a good change it might be pushing threw. Just because the bike is pushing out of the overflow dont always mean its overheating (unless you have a temp gauge).

good luck ..

depending on where you road previously those jets might of worked, but did you change tires ? are paddles on there now ? sand and paddles put a big load on the engine and also altitude plays a big factor. We go 3 mains bigger as the other guys are telling you. But it all depends where your comming from.

So just remember you have to consider the air quality,the altitude and what tires you run (in the sand).

what fuel are you useing? we use either 100 octaine or 50/50 just because of the good conditions make more power with an end result needing more and better fuel ! becareful not to blow your head gasket.

if you rejet the bike and the problem still happens pop the head off and check the gasket, theres a good change it might be pushing threw. Just because the bike is pushing out of the overflow dont always mean its overheating (unless you have a temp gauge).

good luck ..

This is my elevations I run:

California City elevation- 2405 ft

Gorman- 4524 ft

Glamis (sand dunes)- 335 ft

At the California City elevation and Gorman the 290 mains run Great! At Glamis I guess according to everyone here I should run atleast 3 up (320 mains) 27.5 pilots, 2.5 turns air screw and 4th clip on stock needle. If you all agree to this I try it and see what happens (going next month to Glamis).

Yes, tire were changed from regular shredders for hardpack to paddle tires for sand (overheated). I know the engine is going to work much harder in the sand. As far as gas goes with the head also milled at 30 thousands, I'm running 92 octane fuel.

When it overheated which was less than 10 mins of running time it overheated. You could tell it overheated because it not only got hot but the you could "hear" the guggle sound from the raditor and she it out the over flow.

I will take all your guys information and test it out next month at Glamis. Thank You all for your input on the Shee!!!