Powerband got me!

USMC53

I'm 21 years old and I've been riding since I was 4, so I like to think of myself as a good, experienced rider. I race MX on my YFZ450R and I free ride on my banshee (this is my 2nd banshee). However, no matter how long you've been riding, you have to admit that sometimes on a 2 stroke, especially on a banshee the sudden powerband sneaks up on you. Well I had my banshee up at Busco Beach ATV park and I was having a good time, the weather was nice and I had a few pals with me and we started riding up a hill, then turning and roosting it and coming back down. When I was doing it, my front end was coming up so I was sliding and wheelieing at the same time and it was fun. Then I went up for my last run, I didn't start making my turn yet so I was going straight up this steep hill and then the powerband kicked in and sent me ass over tea kettle. I saw it coming back and the first thing I did was kick awayfrom it, luckly I got out of its way because I think the handlebars were coming for my upper chest and neck area...I somehow ended up sliding down this hill on my chest and watching my shee rolling over about 4 times down it, it was hard to watch I was thinkin "NO, MY BABY!" and it was taking some hard hits on its way down, I thought there was gunna be some serious damage. Once we both made it to the bottom, I jumped up and ran over to it, all that happend was some of the plastic mounts got bent outta wack up by the radiator cover and my left headlight broke so myself and the shee both lucked out on that one. This was the only time I wiped out on it and hope it is the last! Thanks for readin! Remember, its all fun and games till u hit the powerband unexpectedly. :shrugani:

• 1 year later...