welded clutch rod

My friend brought me his shee to fix cause he said his clutch was all messed up, i tore it apart having a good idea of what it was. The problem is that i can't get the damn clutch rod out or the clutch pull shaft, the clutch puller will move a hair and with a screwdriver in the rod hole i can feel it move a hair as well,,, My question is,, is there any way to get them out without taking the cases apart? any tips would be greatfully appreciated. This happened cause he ran out of gas and he got it pulled home,, he had no back brakes and thought he could use the gears and clutch :yank:

My friend brought me his shee to fix cause he said his clutch was all messed up, i tore it apart having a good idea of what it was. The problem is that i can't get the damn clutch rod out or the clutch pull shaft, the clutch puller will move a hair and with a screwdriver in the rod hole i can feel it move a hair as well,,, My question is,, is there any way to get them out without taking the cases apart? any tips would be greatfully appreciated. This happened cause he ran out of gas and he got it pulled home,, he had no back brakes and thought he could use the gears and clutch :yank:

The best way is splitting the case. IMO...

However, I heard a guy on here say he took out the clutch actuator arm out of the top of the case, and was able to snake a dermal tool down into the hole from the top. He slowly rounded out the mushroomed end of the rod and slid it out.

Yea thats what i was afraid of,, thanks alot for the info

If your lucky, you can use a punch and get the rod out and save the tranny shaft. I've seen some that will come right out with a magnet without splitting the cases, some that can be punched out (after splitting the cases) and some that couldn't be removed with a jackhammer. Might as well put in new seals, and definitely a pancake bearing while you've got it apart. Remember that you don't have to take to top end apart to do this. Doesn't take that long to do it really.