alcohol guys chime in

vtekthis

anyone use alcohol with stock carbs? i am asking if there isd any side effects to doing this...is there seals you guys are having problems with? tank problems, ect?

i am not a reatrd and have more than enough methonal here from this past drag race season, that would be stupid not to use it over the winter. just wanted to know.

TIA

Well, you have to get the carbs modified to run alcohol. Drilled down tubes and main jets.... Then you should be fine as long as you purge with gas after each time you ride.

I have had no problems with tank leakage or seals in the carb, etc..

make sure you drill your gas cap vent to 1/8" and also run a pingel fuel valve for proper flow.

Well, you have to get the carbs modified to run alcohol. Drilled down tubes and main jets.... Then you should be fine as long as you purge with gas after each time you ride.

I have had no problems with tank leakage or seals in the carb, etc..

make sure you drill your gas cap vent to 1/8" and also run a pingel fuel valve for proper flow.

thanks, im guessing i would need drilled down tubes and main jets because of the amount of extra fuel to be burned to run alky? i would not be able to get away just doing a rather large main jet?

thanks for the input.

thanks, im guessing i would need drilled down tubes and main jets because of the amount of extra fuel to be burned to run alky? i would not be able to get away just doing a rather large main jet?

thanks for the input.

Nope, you will have to drill out one of your large main jets. You will probably be looking at a .120" main jet orifice, and whatever pilot jet you get to cooperate with your setup.

I am unfamiliar with stock carbs, so this is where my advice stops and hopefully others will chime in LOL.

I think you'd be better off buying some used 34PJs that are already converted to alky. Would be much more cost effective and useful.

anyone use alcohol with stock carbs? i am asking if there isd any side effects to doing this...is there seals you guys are having problems with? tank problems, ect?

i am not a reatrd and have more than enough methonal here from this past drag race season, that would be stupid not to use it over the winter. just wanted to know.

TIA

Yes, I ran stock carbs on my 7 when i first built it. Drill them out, cut half of the float off and put a powerjet on it. It will work for a low budget build.