how much octane should i run? race fuel

riggsracin

You need to do a compressoin test to figure out your octain (with 17cc domes your probably gonna need 110). Also do you have a timing plate on it if so what is it set at? Do the test and let us know what your psi is. As far as oil I run 927 40:1 with 110 oct, but what oil you run is your choice there is alot of good oil out there.

what is your squish set @? you'll probably do pretty good with 100ll avgas, or 50/50 100ll and 110. you will want an oil that supports the oxegenated and race fuels/those with higher s.g. it will say on the back. as for brand, just pick a quality brand that you have normal access to, and search independant reviews. brand choice will get 100 different answers, and the manufacurers reviews are always skewed. as for mixture, i always base it on the jetting requirements. likely you will end up @ 40:1 for best results, but you may want to start with 32:1 and see how that runs. that also depends on the oil,, too.

what oil would u run? what about a colder plug? will 110 out of the pump work?

I would run a B8Es spark plug gapped at 28 thousands. I would try either gold in spectra or Klotz but theres a lot of good pre mix'es to use. I would run atleast a 40:1 ratio. 110 race gas would work just fine, If you want to keep the cost down on gas do 50/50.