SAND TIRE SETUP?

banshenstein

NEED SOME HELP.... MY BANSHEE NEEDS SOME PADDLE TIRE. WHAT FRONT SAND TIRES AND REAR PADDLE TIRES ARE BEST FOR ALL AROUND. HILLSHOOT, DRAG, AND PLAY....?

I have a set of Kenda Gecko rears and Kenda Dunerunner fronts that are mounted on ITP polished wheels. If your interested PM me. They are in the for sale section if your interested.

If you do drag racing, then you want a light rim and tire both front and back. If you can find a buffed set of mowhawks for the front on a .125 rim they are a good all around tire for play and drag racing. A bead to bead buff on .125 rim is good in the rear. Size and number of paddles depends on what your engine has done to it. 21x12x8 8-9 paddle haulers are good on the majority of the banshees out there for just play riding. If you do a lot of drag racing and have more power to push around I'd go with a 22x11x8 9-10 paddle hauler or extreme.

List what your mods are and we can help you out better.

My buddy got talked into the buffed Mohawks and he hates them. He says they are great for straight line racing but the bike won' tgo where he points it in the trees and trails. For drag racing you want the lightest tire and wheel you can get, but for all around duning you need to sacrifice a little weight for something that will turn and won't get a hole it it when you run over something. I run 22X8-10 Sand Stars on the front and 20X10-10 8 paddle haulers on the back with a fairly well built 350. My next set of rears are going to be 20X 10 or 11-10 9 paddle Extremes for a little more hookup. Alot of people prefer a V paddle for all around duning, but I like the straight paddle because they slide a little better. As far as wheels go i have had problems with .125 thick wheels bending so I recomend a thicker wheel. I am currently running stock OEM 89 or 90 Banshee wheels on my bike, the rears are the 4X156 pattern which only allows a ten inch wheel but thats what I like. One side benifit of the OEM wheels is I have not had ANY problems with bead leaks since I put them on. So you need to decide are you racing seriously or play racing and just riding the dunes and then figure out what combination is what you want.