Im at a loss....

ok so iv pretty much completly finished my shee.....and its still got the same damn problem its had from the start and iv got no idea what it could be.... so far i have completely redone the entire wiring harness, fresh plugs, brand new carbs (jetted 330mains, 27.5 pilots, neddle clip 1 leaner, float lvls are at 21mm, synched, choke tube in place, slides are in right), has fresh topend with about 10hrs on it, bought new airfilter, and removed tors...... but basicly what happens is when i go out to ride i can go out and and it will start if its cold basicly the first time i start it... it will start right up on about 2 kicks and i can go out and ride it as long as i want and it runs great pulls all solid all the way through sixth with no bogs has power all the way through the gear... but when i kill it it wont start again till it sits for awhile.... proabably about 10-15 min.... it doesnt seem very hot at all when i ride pretty much doesnt start no matter how long i ride... seems to be flooding... or electrical... but i replaced all of the electrical and strator seems to be working fine the headlights will light up and glow abit when i kick it only thing i can think is the cdi or coil?? im just lost now and kinda need a direction to head in?? so if anybody has any ideas i would greatly appreciate them cause im stumped :shrugani:

The Bike:

87 shee

pro curcuit pipes and silencers

mx port

k&n filter

removed snorkel

tors removal kit

boysen reeds

ok so iv pretty much completly finished my shee.....and its still got the same damn problem its had from the start and iv got no idea what it could be.... so far i have completely redone the entire wiring harness, fresh plugs, brand new carbs (jetted 330mains, 27.5 pilots, neddle clip 1 leaner, float lvls are at 21mm, synched, choke tube in place, slides are in right), has fresh topend with about 10hrs on it, bought new airfilter, and removed tors...... but basicly what happens is when i go out to ride i can go out and and it will start if its cold basicly the first time i start it... it will start right up on about 2 kicks and i can go out and ride it as long as i want and it runs great pulls all solid all the way through sixth with no bogs has power all the way through the gear... but when i kill it it wont start again till it sits for awhile.... proabably about 10-15 min.... it doesnt seem very hot at all when i ride pretty much doesnt start no matter how long i ride... seems to be flooding... or electrical... but i replaced all of the electrical and strator seems to be working fine the headlights will light up and glow abit when i kick it only thing i can think is the cdi or coil?? im just lost now and kinda need a direction to head in?? so if anybody has any ideas i would greatly appreciate them cause im stumped :shrugani:

The Bike:

87 shee

mx port

k&n filter

removed snorkel

tors removal kit

boysen reeds

Sure sounds like you have a jetting issue. A warmer bike will be richer and your pilot seems it may be a tad big. I would try leaning our the bottom end a bit and see how that does. 25 pilot, 2 turns open on the air screws, etc. Does the bike start without choke when cold?? If it starts easily and doesn't't act lean when you first start it, it may be flooding with a warm start.

Mull Engineering

Sure sounds like you have a jetting issue. A warmer bike will be richer and your pilot seems it may be a tad big. I would try leaning our the bottom end a bit and see how that does. 25 pilot, 2 turns open on the air screws, etc. Does the bike start without choke when cold?? If it starts easily and doesn't't act lean when you first start it, it may be flooding with a warm start.

Mull Engineering

thats what i had before was 25 pilots and it had alittle trouble idling so i put those in and it seemed to help... but with with smaller main jets also seemed to pop at the top of sixth... and yes i have to use the choke to start it... but right now i have my air screws at 2 turns out..... the thing is when i was doing my main jets the bike would run great if it had smaller mains like 290's but would gett sputtery and popy at the top of sixth... but would run like crap with somehting like 330's but wouldnt pop at the top of sixth... so i leaned my needle and now seems to running great.... but just wont start back up if u kill it.... same with the leaner jets.... i mean if i let the clutch out and kill it, by the time i get into neutrual it wont start.... any ideas??

thats what i had before was 25 pilots and it had alittle trouble idling so i put those in and it seemed to help... but with with smaller main jets also seemed to pop at the top of sixth... and yes i have to use the choke to start it... but right now i have my air screws at 2 turns out..... the thing is when i was doing my main jets the bike would run great if it had smaller mains like 290's but would gett sputtery and popy at the top of sixth... but would run like crap with somehting like 330's but wouldnt pop at the top of sixth... so i leaned my needle and now seems to running great.... but just wont start back up if u kill it.... same with the leaner jets.... i mean if i let the clutch out and kill it, by the time i get into neutrual it wont start.... any ideas??

Jetting, compression, and reeds are things to look at. I just could not say your symptoms are indicative of electrical issues. They will typically show up at random and as soon as the bike is warm. Also make sure your exhaust silencers are not falling apart. That can cause a restriction that will not allow fresh air intake. Remove air filters when it will not start. Also a good idea to check compression unless you are 100% sure it is good. Anything over 110PSI should start for you.

Mull Engineering

thanks alot guys for the advice im gonna go home and do a comp test this week and see what my compression is at.... and then probably a leakdown.... but what do u think the deal with the jetting is.. just my mods??? cause like i said with the larger jets it doesnt sputter and pop on the top end but runs like crap other wise.... have the neeedle one clip leaner and airscrews two turns out and that seemed to help .... any ideas why it would be liek that?

The Bike:

87 shee

mx port

k&n filter

removed snorkel

tors removal kit

boysen reeds

pull plugs they wet if so seems a little fat on top id try to put a 310 in i got a k and t perted bike and thats what i run they arnt lean at all if plugs are wet at all thats your problem

here's something different to try check your breather hose for the gas cap i had similar symptoms on mine and it turned out that the fuel wasn't getting to the carbs after riding it for a lil and the bike would shut down due to a clogged breather. try this as soon as the bike shuts down open you gas tank let it breath for a few seconds and try to turn it on if it turns on then a clogged gas cap or breather hose is the culprit

here's something different to try check your breather hose for the gas cap i had similar symptoms on mine and it turned out that the fuel wasn't getting to the carbs after riding it for a lil and the bike would shut down due to a clogged breather. try this as soon as the bike shuts down open you gas tank let it breath for a few seconds and try to turn it on if it turns on then a clogged gas cap or breather hose is the culprit

had the same problem with my son blaster. took a while to find out what it was

nah havnt been able to mess with it cause im waiting on parts... the kick spring broke.... <_< but the bike never cuts out while ridding it... you can run it till the tanks empty and it never acts like it struggles for gas... only when i myself kill it it wont start.... but ill still deffinantly check the gas cap... but i have a few more ideas i need to try.... although im starting to think that most of the problem is linked to my shee being a f-ing nightmare to jet.... but before the bike broke i did a compression test and each cylinder came out to 115 cold and did a leakdown and that held a constant 6 psi so the engine looks like its in good shape so when i get my parts in ill let u guys know how it all goes

Edited by theoriginal87