Vitos superstock pistons

SLORYDER

I'm not sure exactly how they work but I assume they are forged with recessions in the crown for extended exhaust duration. I am running pt hi revs and my duration is currently around 188-190.

Will these be a worthwhile buy in my case? And does anyone have close up pics of them? I know they are made by weisco and should be sturdy..

I used them in my cousins banshee awhile ago.. Put about 4-5 hard seasons on them. He claims he could notice a seat of the pants difference in power. He did pretty well in his heads up class. Only thing that beat him was a crf450 dirt bike..

Also used one in one of my blasters.. I could notice it being a lil more peppy.. It also held up quite well.. as far as I know its still going strong and that was about 6-7yrs ago.

Thats the extent of my experience with them. No dyno sheets or anything.

Vito's claims an extra 8 horses in the mid-top end for the superstock and 4 to the low-mid with the power pistons. The skirts on the ones made by Vito (not cut Wiseco's) are thicker than Wiseco. And yes the idea is that it increases the duration on the exhaust, mimicking the effect of ported cylinders. But they still can't keep up with a set of real ported cylinders. I plan on buying those the next time I have to rebuild though. An extra 8 horsepower doing what I normally would have done anyways.

i ran them in a shee that i ported,but i did not raise the exhaust and that thing was stupid fast.i have no complants about them.

I did the same thing on some cylinders that I ported with Race Logic stage 2 templates and it ran really good. No drag bike by any means but had plenty of power for most types of riding.

I'm going to do a bit of thread high jacking here but I went to vitos web site and looked in to these pistons thinking they might be the way to go but they only show 2 sizes(64.00mm std and 66.50 .100) dose this mean they go threw std to .100 over? or that is the only 2 sizes they manufacture them in? And has any one had one of these pistons and a wiseco superlight sitting right next to each other? how did the windows compare and what not?

I'm going to do a bit of thread high jacking here but I went to vitos web site and looked in to these pistons thinking they might be the way to go but they only show 2 sizes(64.00mm std and 66.50 .100) dose this mean they go threw std to .100 over? or that is the only 2 sizes they manufacture them in? And has any one had one of these pistons and a wiseco superlight sitting right next to each other? how did the windows compare and what not?

Not sure what they look like next to a set of Wiseco's as far as the skirts and windows but the set I had was .020 over.

• 2 months later...

i got a set of vitos power pistons, 40 over im gonna slap them into my ported cylinders and hope for the best. i was told by somebody on here that you have to change the port timing to use vitos pistons on ported cylinders :shrugani:

i got a set of vitos power pistons, 40 over im gonna slap them into my ported cylinders and hope for the best. i was told by somebody on here that you have to change the port timing to use vitos pistons on ported cylinders :shrugani:

Im considering doing the same. It says somewhere on there site that they can be used on ported motors but adjusting the port timing is recommended. Check it out and let us no how it all turns out when you install them and run it.