is this normal?

ok i went ridding this past weekend and rode for about 4-5 hrs. tops, it was alot of open trails/fields and some hill climbs very rarley got out of 3rd gear but did hit 5th on a few drag runs.....my question is i used about 5 1/2 - 6 gallons of race gas and thought that seemed a little bitmuch????.....also after hitting a few small puddels my bike started to run shity for a few moments and when through one big puddel it barely ran at all for about 4 min or so, just sputtered along even at full throtle.

lol...sorry i forgot to mention that no water got in the air box i checked that and i had a freshlyy cleaned filter and outerwears on at the time....i said a big puddle not a lake....lol....anyone else with a answer on these Q.'s...............also the bike ran/runs fine after whatever got wet dried up....im thinking the coil maybe?

Edited by qboronyrican

lol...sorry i forgot to mention that no water got in the air box i checked that and i had a freshlyy cleaned filter and outerwears on at the time....i said a big puddle not a lake....lol....anyone else with a answer on these Q.'s...............also the bike ran/runs fine after whatever got wet dried up....im thinking the coil maybe?

check all connectors on cdi coil ext and spray them with that wiring silicone spray shit

did you get in to check your stator gap, and ohm out your stator? weak spark and misfires can lead to excessive fuel use, because no all the fuel is being burned. blown out silencer packing and exhaust leaks can also lead too excessive low rpm fuel consumption, so check into that. check your jetting when done. adjust your needles and pilots to run good on a warmmed up engine.

even though the stator is new, you shold check the gap and see if water is getting in there. water can cause issues pretty quick. that's also within normal useage. mild builds can use a tank from 1-3 hours......3hours is kind of uncommon though. that's based on pump, and you usually run higher octane richer than pump. you may want to replace the spark plug caps, if they are old

Yea that sound about right. The banshee is a gas hog. Especially when your ported and have larger carbs.

If you drop the compression back down you will notice a loss in mid range.

I don't even mess with buying race fuel 5 gallons at a time. Buy your self a 55 gallon drum.

Yea that sound about right. The banshee is a gas hog. Especially when your ported and have larger carbs.

If you drop the compression back down you will notice a loss in mid range.

I don't even mess with buying race fuel 5 gallons at a time. Buy your self a 55 gallon drum.

thats about right huh? ok... i was thinking about going to 35mm carbs....im sure there would be even more fuel consumtion but how much more?....is the move worth it?

I beleive alot can ly in the port work also if an improper job was done .if the cylinder is not scavenging rite you can lose fuel at lower engine speeds,or if transfers were cut on wrong angles.Jetting! could be it too, ignition,.My bike guzzles gas in the 1/4mile I coulnt imagine driving it all day.Compression will definitally hurt your performance .

well my quad must be weird then cuz i only put 2-2.5 gallons in it an i ran it for 2hrs just rippin around an everything else an i didn't hit reserve yet an i still start it an put around the yard a lil everyday an still haven't hit reserve yet. an i have 17cc domes +7 timing, high compression pistons, 300 mains an 27.5 pilots, pro circuit pipes, this is what i know for sure is done to it. i was told it was ported an i was told it has a hot rods crank an it is bored but not sure how much. an i am not positive what the compression is for sure. but i think i am getting good fuel economy an i am also running on 110 octane