4 Stroke?

jasonw

Are there any topic on a 4 stroke conversion?

for what puttin a stroke in a banshee? if so you can do anything with money and time..... i ahve seen a few videos of Honda cbr motors in banshee's i also saw one of a suzuki hyubusa in banshee.....just time and money

you did not just go there lol :shootself::shootself::shootself::shootself:bangheadbanghead:bolt:

I'm sorry, did I just break an unspoken rule? Anyway I just never liked 2 strokes to much. I figured my experience weather in be motorcycles, cars or lawn mowers was all 4 stroke so it may be better. On top of that I have no clue what the history of this thing is other than the guy I got it from saying it will pull the front end off the ground at 90MPH so I assume it was beat on and who knows how long the motor will last that's in it now. I figured if there is a possibility of changing a motor I may as well go with what I know. Look at the video and tell me how you think its running, sound good or bad?

P.S. It never starts that easy. I warmed it up before taking the video so I didn't look like a retard kicking it over for 25 minutes.

I'm sorry, did I just break an unspoken rule? Anyway I just never liked 2 strokes to much. I figured my experience weather in be motorcycles, cars or lawn mowers was all 4 stroke so it may be better. On top of that I have no clue what the history of this thing is other than the guy I got it from saying it will pull the front end off the ground at 90MPH so I assume it was beat on and who knows how long the motor will last that's in it now. I figured if there is a possibility of changing a motor I may as well go with what I know. Look at the video and tell me how you think its running, sound good or bad?

P.S. It never starts that easy. I warmed it up before taking the video so I didn't look like a retard kicking it over for 25 minutes.

its time for a top end rebuild your compression may be low

well you say that it took you about 25 min to kick it over that is a tell tale sign that its time for a rebuild, did you do a compression test?

No I didn't do a compression check. Yes it takes a long time to get it started, once it warms up as you see in the video it starts with the first kick. I don't like just leaving things to sit so every now and then I run out and start it. A few time snow I have given up after my leg got tired.

sounds like you bought the wrong bike. :huh:

putting a 4stroke motor in a banshee is a rediculous idea...no offence. i think you would be way happier if you sold your banshee and bought a 4stroke quad. my .02. :shrugani:

looks good to me....no need for a 4 stroke here :dance:

I dont think that bike has ever hit 90MPH ,let alone pull the wheels up! I say clean the carbs and tank out and see if it starts better,

then a compression test to determine a rebuild.

I dont think that bike has ever hit 90MPH ,let alone pull the wheels up! I say clean the carbs and tank out and see if it starts better,

then a compression test to determine a rebuild.

After my last message I went out and gave it a try. I have not started it since that video was taken and it fired right up on the 2nd kick. Maybe I should just learn how to deal with 2 strokes and have fun with it. Any tips on maintenance?