R6 shocks all around for flattrack

rubeat

Here are the pics of R6 or R1 shocks on the front of a shee.They are pretty easy to put on you do have to grind on the top shock mount a small amount to get them on.You have to clearance it around the top of the resovoir.Heres some pics if you guys need more just tell me.mike009.jpgmike008.jpgmike012.jpgmike011.jpg

I dont have a swaybar on mine yet. I was thinking about getting one but front is alot stiffer now then with stock shocks and a lowering kit. I thought you could run these shocks with a swaybar. What problems are you having? The only thing i could see as a problem is the links that hook to the bottom shock mount being to long. But i figured you could adjust them enough. I horseshoe drag and these shocks help alot on the corner they dont have much give they are pretty firm. Reply back and i will try to help you out.

I dont have a swaybar on mine yet. I was thinking about getting one but front is alot stiffer now then with stock shocks and a lowering kit. I thought you could run these shocks with a swaybar. What problems are you having? The only thing i could see as a problem is the links that hook to the bottom shock mount being to long. But i figured you could adjust them enough. I horseshoe drag and these shocks help alot on the corner they dont have much give they are pretty firm. Reply back and i will try to help you out.

I just bought them today I should get em in a couple of days. I have never heard of horseshoe drag. I was just thinking of using this set ups for oval ice racing.

I think they will work good for you. Horseshoe drags you take off at a tree and drag down 200 to 300 ft (different tracks are different lengths) around a cone or barrel and back first to the end wins. Remember you will have to modify your top shock mounts with a grinder. Its no bid deal takes maybe 5 minutes. If you have questions when you go to put them on. Post them up I will help if I can.

I think they will work good for you. Horseshoe drags you take off at a tree and drag down 200 to 300 ft (different tracks are different lengths) around a cone or barrel and back first to the end wins. Remember you will have to modify your top shock mounts with a grinder. Its no bid deal takes maybe 5 minutes. If you have questions when you go to put them on. Post them up I will help if I can.

Thanks Ru I got them cheap!!!! I should get them in a couple of days. Once you grind on the frame, Can you put the stock shocks back on for trail ridin

I am going to try this for the flat track on ice. 2001 R1 front shocks.

4081686233_e258e53f12_o.jpg

What do you think so far? Did you have any problems putting them on? And do you think your swaybar will work or will you have to make it fit now?

I am going to check fitment on the swaybar later tonight. I just wanted to be sure we were done riding dirt up here in Michigan before converting her to flat track ice. We can not run the trails after the 15 of Nov because of rifle deer season..... I also just picked up some 68mm big bore cylindars and a cool head for $120 shipped off craigs list

Checked fitment today and it will not fit correctly. I might be able to fandangle it but I am unsure if the sway bar will work correctly. You See how far it is tilted up so it clears the rezzy. It also will have to mounted to the front bolt with a spacer so it clears the shock spring. Any flat track guys know if it will still do its job.

4094830022_b5dabc75d3.jpg

4094069535_004ff86841.jpg

Edited by motodrumer58

Is a sway-bar really needed with a shock that stiff? I prefer to run a really soft spring/shock set-up with my sway bar to get weight transfer out of the corners... Definately looks like an improvement over stock shocks! And these are for sale cheap on ebay all day long right? I'd be curious to see what kind of sag and upward travel these have....

Is a sway-bar really needed with a shock that stiff? I prefer to run a really soft spring/shock set-up with my sway bar to get weight transfer out of the corners... Definately looks like an improvement over stock shocks! And these are for sale cheap on ebay all day long right? I'd be curious to see what kind of sag and upward travel these have....

I was unsure if it is needed as well. I guess I was going to rig it up and see how it went..The open class has so many guys in it I have to play around to work my way to the front. I am keeping the standard set up on the 310R, I want to win the points again this year.It is a smaller class and evenly mathched hp.