break in

Your going to get a ton of different answers here. There are many different ways people like to do it. What works for me is letting the bike warm up and taking it out and lightly running it up through the gears and letting the motor slow you down. Example: Start out in first and run it up into the rpms, but only for few seconds. Then let off the throttle and let the motor slow you down. Start back in first and run it into second then let the motor slow you down. Repeat till you get to 6th and then let it cool off for awhile and repeat. I don't run it very hard during this process, only enough to get it into some higher rpms.

it really comes down to the cross hatch. you could get a more coarse cross hatch which you have to be carefull not to make the rings cut too fast, or you can get the newer finer crosshatch, in which case, you get in your heat cycle to torque the head, and then go strait to plug chops, to verify the jetting isn't doing harm, and to steat the ringsto the best possible seal while they are still realitively sharp enough. the hard loading will press the rings into the cylinder with more pressure.

it really comes down to the cross hatch. you could get a more coarse cross hatch which you have to be carefull not to make the rings cut too fast, or you can get the newer finer crosshatch, in which case, you get in your heat cycle to torque the head, and then go strait to plug chops, to verify the jetting isn't doing harm, and to steat the ringsto the best possible seal while they are still realitively sharp enough. the hard loading will press the rings into the cylinder with more pressure.

This is a very good reply.

My break ins on everything I have ever owned has always been ride it like I stole it. I have never had a problem with it either.

Now, when I get my new cub motor finished I will listen to some of the advice here on BHQ. Shit is too expensive to screw up.

i mix the oil heavy ride it easy and jive it the occasional stab and hold then coast, ride some more then stab and hold etc.

(by stab and hold i meam going about cruise speed then hold wot just untill you just about top out then let off and coast at idle)

this drives the rings into the cyl hard and then the coasting givs it a desent cool doun especialy with air cooled bikes

how i do my dirt bikes atvs sleds etc.

i have a different metod i use for my street bikes.

Mix in a lil extra oil and let her go through the gears. DONT LUG the motor. that is the worst thing to do. keep your rpms up and keep blipping the throttle. Do this anywhere from 5-10 times till its nice and warmed up and let her cool down enough so that you can place your hand on the cylinders and hold it there for at least 10 secs. dont be scared to give it some juice just dont wind it right out for a few runs on it. but the most important thing is not letting that motor lug

how do you do the plug chops? never done this before still kinda new to this stuff.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=2+stroke+plug+chop

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/plugchop.html

Do people even read the forums or use Google anymore? :ph34r: