little kids and paddles

mercury65

dont put paddles on little kids 4wheelers they will just get stuck more, stock tires with little air/all most flat works best.even on my daughters 250ex i dont have paddles she is not a fast rider. i can take both my 250's one with paddles one with out side by side facing up a hill from a dead stop the one with out paddles will go right up, the one with paddles digs in and gets stuck. try it

• 4 weeks later...

my lil girl is nine and loves to ride she is really good to! we went to the dunes once without paddle on hers and it sucked she couldent climb for nada! but with her paddles she just rips right up! the sand gets really soft and light where we ride though!

to each trere own right?

It definately depends on the bike and the sand. Some bikes with the round balloon type tires go well. Others with more power will fly with paddles but go nowhere without. I will say the 18" geckos suck balls on the 50s and 90s. They weigh like 12 lbs each. Gliders or sandstars are a bunch better.