Who rides their Banshee on the ice?

B.Mag

Im just wondering how many of you guys ride on the ice, and how you set up your shee for it. I want to do it this winter, and I've started putting snowmobile studs in my tires and I just want to know what other mods you guys do. any input would be great, thanks in advance.

Im just wondering how many of you guys ride on the ice, and how you set up your shee for it. I want to do it this winter, and I've started putting snowmobile studs in my tires and I just want to know what other mods you guys do. any input would be great, thanks in advance.

we have always used sheet metal screws (1/4inch i think) not positive. but you can screw them into the nobbies. if you put them on the edge of the nobbies it helps to get better bite.gallery_491_4406_24366.jpg

its always worked pretty well for me. and as for the fronts...i dont go crazy. just enough for me to be able to turn. if you do it right you should be able to pull them in and out with out having to get a 2nd set of tires. personally i just have a 2nd set with studs in them set aside for winters.

Yep I use 3/4" chisel snowmobile studs. It is such a blast man, if not my favorite terrain to ride on its very close!

Use screws if you want to slide around, etc... Its about a 20 yard turning radius with the studs LOL

Make sure u have AT LEAST 4-5" of ice bro.

Yep I use 3/4" chisel snowmobile studs. It is such a blast man, if not my favorite terrain to ride on its very close!

Use screws if you want to slide around, etc... Its about a 20 yard turning radius with the studs LOL

Make sure u have AT LEAST 4-5" of ice bro.

I have a set of 4 tires with screws in them from a blaster, but I figured the banshee would just throw the screws or chew off the treads. How do you stud the tires with the snowmobile studs? I want to stud the rear tires that are in my sig.

Thanks

I have a set of 4 tires with screws in them from a blaster, but I figured the banshee would just throw the screws or chew off the treads. How do you stud the tires with the snowmobile studs? I want to stud the rear tires that are in my sig.

Thanks

I wouldn't think the screws would get thrown off. I had a ktm 300 xc dirtbike. that thing ripped hard. and it never tore a hole. screws would come out every now and then. but they can be replaced easily by putting another screw in.

If you get inch screws you will be fine. 3/4 is good to, they will pull out from time to time. You don't need a tube with picks because there is really no-were for air to get out. In Wisconsin as soon as their is 2 inches we are out. Just be careful were you stop, going in sucks.

like my buddy who had a blaster http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=31171108

Edited by Nieskes

If you get inch screws you will be fine. 3/4 is good to, they will pull out from time to time. You don't need a tube with picks because there is really no-were for air to get out. In Wisconsin as soon as their is 2 inches we are out. Just be careful were you stop, going in sucks.

like my buddy who had a blaster http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=31171108

Dam, I hope to not go swimming with my shee. What studs do you use, and how do you put them in the tire?