HELP! Im gonna drive this peice of S&!#@ off a cliff!

theoriginal87

ok today i finally got my shee all back together and running so i started to dial in the jetting... when i finally did that i was doing one last plug chop run and did that and pulled the plugs checked them and the looked good put new plugs in and tried to start it and i wouldnt run sat forever kicking checking carbs and everything else when i desided to check for spark annnd... nothing... no spark wtf?? it was just running quite literally 10 minutes ago.... so ran along most of the wires and couldnt really find anything out of place.... right before this happened i just ran it through all six gears which went very well pulled in the clutch and killed it. did all the plug stuff like i said... could this have caused anything??? it had been re wired and no longer has a key switch just a small kill switch. ran fine an started up to this point :( i just know electrical can be really frustrating so i was hoping someone might have a good place to start??? the quad is an 87 with procurcuit pipes 304 series, k&n air filters, modified air box, boost bottle, barnett clutch kit, TORS has been removed!!, has elimination kit also, port and polish, and top end just rebuilt, im running 330's for my mains right now... dont know if any of this will help but i thought i add it... just really starting to get frustrated >:( so anything will be helpfull at this point!

well ok heres what i figured out today... i went out today to go ride but had to take the prarie 360 :( and leave the shee.... well when i got back just out of curiosity i decided to go over and see if it would start and right on the first kick it started! so i rode around for alittle bit killed it went inside for about 5 min came out and it started right on the first kick as before... so i went and rode it a for a few more minutes and then parked it... about 10-15 min goes by and i go to start it again and nothing... i kicked for awhile and still nothing... so i pulled the plug wire took another wire put it in the plug wire and held it up to the head and the plug and no spark!! i was in a dark room to make sure i could see it and no spark at all... so basicly it seems when its been ridden or it gets hot it wont spark but it runs great! it just wont start back up after you kill it.... any ideas?????

2 things- first, check the wiring, especially on the side of the airbox where it can get melted by the exhaust, if not in the clips on the airbox. next, you can do some tests on the cdi. if you have no spark, put the switch in kill and kick it over, then back in run and see if that helps any. then, smack the cdi with the butt of a large screwdriver, to either get it started, or while it's running to try to make it glitch.