pwk 28 on stock motor

byro12

Jet size: 155

needle size: N64A

clip: 2nd from top

air screw: 1 1/2 turns out

pilot: 45

I'am having hard time trying to tune my pwk 28's on my stock motor. What i have for modifications are: v-force 3, k&n filter. I'm just above sea level(about 3-5 meters) and average temperature is between 5-10 degrees celcius. I bought the carbs from vito's and they told me they are pre-jetted. But when i installed them they were bogging out past half throttle. This is how they were before i changed the settings:

Jet size: 160

needle size:N64A

clip: 3rd from top

air screw: 1 3/4

pilot: 45

It has no trouble starting up and idleing.i just don't seem to quite figure this out.When i changed it to how it shows at the top screen, it bogged out past 3/4. Does anyone have a good idea to what is going wrong? And how do you know if it's getting too much or too little gas? Can a prfessional help me out here, or at least give me an idea? thanks for your time and help, greatly appreciated.

What pipes are you running? You say your running a K&N, is that in the air box or pods? Are you running the air lid?

When I had my stock ported motor with T6's I was at 162 main, N68A needle in the middle, 45 pilot. I tried running running the carbs with the airlid on and it just didnt seem to want to run right (I tried mains from 148-165). As soon as I took the air lid off it ran like all hell.

What pipes are you running? You say your running a K&N, is that in the air box or pods? Are you running the air lid?

When I had my stock ported motor with T6's I was at 162 main, N68A needle in the middle, 45 pilot. I tried running running the carbs with the airlid on and it just didnt seem to want to run right (I tried mains from 148-165). As soon as I took the air lid off it ran like all hell.

im using stock pipes right now and im using a k&n filter w/outerwear in the stock box with the lid on.

i just bought some fmf gnarlys to go with the filter. i never thought of running it with the lid off,maybe she needs the lid off. wow! thanks guys, for your help, much appreciated!