newbie from UK has 06 banshee for 3weeks, just got T5s...

mike350uk

hello all, im new to this forum, new to quads, and new to banshees!

i recently bought a 06 banshee about 3weeks ago, although im over the moon with the fun factor, speed and performance i was disapointed with the sound, as it was quiet compared to my riding buddies motocross bikes 2strokes on fmf/pro curcuit power pipes.

so after a little research (15mins!) i jumped in the deep end and bought a second hand set of Toomey T5 pipes from USA. They are due to arrive this week, now after further research it seems that a carb rejet is the thing to do, and not just a bolt on job!

whats the best thing to do, contact Toomey USA direct and get their proper jets or what? ive never altered anything in a carb before! so im a little nervous to start fiddling with it! cheers in advance for and help!

Welcome to this great place.You need to find out the elevation where you ride.That will give us a good idea of where to start on the jetting.The carbs are pretty simple once you get in there.The biggest pain in the ass is going to be getting them on and off with all the tors and stock airbox on there.You should def.think about getting a new airfilter setup.Just ask ?'s here and you will get what your looking for.Also a Clymers manual is pretty much mandatory.GL and let the modding begin.

well elevation where my home is 200 on the england/wales border with forests and hills i ride on my doorstep are up to 600. I forgot to mention that it already has a large K&N filter. Also i bought a haynes manual for the banshee last week off ebay, so that should be here soon!

First of welcome. Second when asking trouble shooting questions try to give as much info and description of your mods as possibal. It really helps give a good starting point. You can also setup a signature in your controle panel so your mods are always listed. Look at mine. You will get all the info you need here on this site. Whenever possibal use site sponsors to get your parts and products from. We cant always get them cheaper but at least your keeping it withen a group of great guys. Im a modqaud dealer and have a awesome polisher that works with me. You can see his work on my website and on a few image threads here. Welcome too your new addiction and open up that wallet dude. time too have some fun!!! B)

well elevation where my home is 200 on the england/wales border with forests and hills i ride on my doorstep are up to 600. I forgot to mention that it already has a large K&N filter. Also i bought a haynes manual for the banshee last week off ebay, so that should be here soon!

yank them carbs off and pull the bowls.You'll find the main jets in there.Let us know whats in there. You prob.will be increasing those by 3-4 sizes for them pipes.(guestimatebiggrin.gif )Considering they are already jetted for the K&N.

as for mods, my bike is completely stock apart from the K&N filter, the T5s are currently being delivered. I took the carbs off, (my haynes manual came today!) and my main jet is stamped with 200. The pilot jet i believe was stamped 2.8. So do i up the main jet to 250? I will get on the phone tomorrow and order a jet kit from my local off road supply store. cheers!

well okay the carbs do have a bit of carbon build up, but its easily rubbed off, but i think this maybe down to my fuel oil ratios. The guy i bought it off told me to run it 25:1. Ive just put 10L in the tank at the 32:1 ratio so this should be better i would of thought?!

so what main jet do i need? do i need to change the pilot jet? any other settings i need to adjust for these pipes? many thanks for your help!

yeah sorry mate, i mean the plugs have a bit of carbon on them, not the carbs, they are fine! ive ordered a pair of 280 main jets aswell as 310s-didnt have 320s so hopefully il be alright with that! cheers for your help, il let you know in a week if it all goes well!