Quadzilla's

Another one

Like I said, if you got money, you can go fast. The LT500 is a cool bike. Would I rather ride my banshee, most of the time yes. Different strokes for different folks. Ultimately you can make a banshee based motor faster than an LT500 motor, but they have the banshee cornered to a point because of the torque they can put to the ground.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets face it, zillas were only produced between 1987-1990. they had bearing and case issues then, and any zilla still in existiance is minimal 19 years old and probably has never been serviced.

i own a zilla or did and it was putting out 75% of its power and i was beating piped banshee and was neck and neck with 700r piped raptors. i say 75% becuase its an 87 with stock pipe clutch carb and had metal chunks in the case. plus did i mention they weight a butload? i have the zilla engine split apart and im rebuilding it and making a tecate 4 hybrid. this should be fun.

It was my uncle's bike, he left it to us when he passed away. IT has a 6mm Stroked ILR/CT/Trinity TT motor in it. CT Pipe, coolhead, clutch, 46mm lectron, all the normal add ons after that. You guys ever seen a ct pipe for one of these? It dumps out on the ground in front of the motor.

Picture-106.jpg

LT500Pipesmall.jpg

Check this thing out, this is one with a streetbike motor I found.

gammazilla.jpg

http://ctracing.com/lt80_250_500.htm do you really own that bike? :blink:

Just because something was only made for four years doesnt mean it cant be good....case in point 250rs. The worst part about them is their weak ass tranny. There are just to many factors that add up to a drag race. I wasnt overly impressed with any of the vids but they can be quick and im not doubting that. But im gonna say there is prolly a reason you dont see many of them. And its not bacause they were only produced for 4 or so years

IT has a 6mm Stroked ILR/CT/Trinity TT motor in it. CT Pipe, coolhead, clutch, 46mm lectron, all the normal add ons after that. You guys ever seen a ct pipe for one of these? It dumps out on the ground in front of the motor.

Picture-106.jpg

Thats a nice ass zilla!!! ive never seen a pipe that goes straight down in front of the motor...better haul ass or you'll get exhaust all over you!! haha

I had a KX500 powered raptor that was deemed unbeatable by anyone who lined up against it..Not that the KX500 is a totally unbeatable engine,but the Air cooled one we put in the frame was void of a cooling system and electrical rats nest.Not mention the KX was 50% the weight of the 660 we pulled out.I think that quad weighed in at about 330lbs.If i can find some pics of her..i will post them up.

Im working on another Raptor 500 project,only this time we are going to use a 91' water cooled version and ad a working lighting system.it will be used mostly for trails.

It was my uncle's bike, he left it to us when he passed away. IT has a 6mm Stroked ILR/CT/Trinity TT motor in it. CT Pipe, coolhead, clutch, 46mm lectron, all the normal add ons after that. You guys ever seen a ct pipe for one of these? It dumps out on the ground in front of the motor.

Picture-106.jpg

LT500Pipesmall.jpg

Check this thing out, this is one with a streetbike motor I found.

gammazilla.jpg

HOLY SHIT!!!! now thats a fuckin quadzilla.

my friend has a quadzilla and i spank him up evry time, shit i remember 1 day we raced 5 times in a row, i beat him every time, but for some reason he kept trying too race me, qaudzilla owner's definetly think they have the fastest thing out, not true, and i dont even have that much work done too my qaud i have pipes a head different stator, carbs, intake.= banshee wins

Looks cool for sure, but as soon as you drop either a snomo or streetbike motor into a quad it is no longer valid for the original discussion. Those half breed bikes don't get much respect from me. Unless they're really well put together, I dont know how anyone can get excited.

Well good thing that Suzuki Gammazilla is done well, and its got to be fast as fuck. Theres builders out there that can punch those gamma motors out to almost 200hp. They are 4 cylinder two strokes which is way cool as well.

my friend has a quadzilla and i spank him up evry time, shit i remember 1 day we raced 5 times in a row, i beat him every time, but for some reason he kept trying too race me, qaudzilla owner's definetly think they have the fastest thing out, not true, and i dont even have that much work done too my qaud i have pipes a head different stator, carbs, intake.= banshee wins

i think its pretty gay when all most sport quad owners care about speed, especially banshee guys. theres more to riding then that, like slinging sideways in 6th gear or tearing up a field etc. the twin cylinder banshee has more hp (once modified past bolt ons usually), but that zilla sure has nice power, and its everywhere in the rpms. i also agree that once u shove a different engine in a quad, it no longer is what it was