base gasket

try vitos, otherwise just stack up 1 more base gasket.

you could also increase the squish clearance by machining the head.

You'll be raising your ports with a thicker gasket, which may or may not be a good thing. I'm not one to give advice on port heights, or how to measure them, however.

You'll be raising your ports with a thicker gasket, which may or may not be a good thing. I'm not one to give advice on port heights, or how to measure them, however.

correct.....i was assuming he had OEM port specs, before i seen that in his signature he has a drag port, so raising the ports an additional .020" or so would more than likely be a bad idea.

nitrocircus, you're best bet is to just machine the head/domes, to get the squish clearance correct. of course you'll increase the cc volume of your head some.

correct.....i was assuming he had OEM port specs, before i seen that in his signature he has a drag port, so raising the ports an additional .020" or so would more than likely be a bad idea.

nitrocircus, you're best bet is to just machine the head/domes, to get the squish clearance correct. of course you'll increase the cc volume of your head some.

I checked my gaskets and i need an aditional .012, my gasket mesures .025 and my squish is .033. I am planing on running nitrous, i read on here i want about .045 squish to run nitrous and the .012 will set it at .045. My porting i dont think it is drag port that is what i was told but here is my port mesurements if any one can help me

deck to exhaust 1.135

deck to transfers 1.690

deck to intakes- i have 2 large intake borts they are 2.970

and a small intake port that is 1.850

all mesurements from top of ports to deck

Keep in mind i have a 4mil. stroker 115 long rod.

This is my first build and i just want to get it right THANKS