SOlstice led lights and helmet light

Snopczynski

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snop I would like a copy of that price sheet. Just got back from Glamis and ate it hard at night due to crappy lighting . Can anyone guide me as far as how to set up my shee to run these off the stock stator set up or do I have to upgrade it? I know I have to float the ground on the stator and already bought a reg/rectifier from Ricky Stator a while back. Is this all I need? I'm thinking a spot, euro and flood on shee.

Snop I would like a copy of that price sheet. Just got back from Glamis and ate it hard at night due to crappy lighting . Can anyone guide me as far as how to set up my shee to run these off the stock stator set up or do I have to upgrade it? I know I have to float the ground on the stator and already bought a reg/rectifier from Ricky Stator a while back. Is this all I need? I'm thinking a spot, euro and flood on shee.

Yup, that rectifier is all you need with the floated ground. I would suggest a battery though. Otherwise, you have to idle it up a little to keep the lights from flickering. Each light only draws 10w and your stator puts out ~50-60w of lighting power. So even 4 lights will work easily with a stock stator.

I have one euro and one spot mounted in stock locations on my bike and these are my recommendations;

- if doing 4 lights (as I plan to do eventually) - put 2 euro's in the stock location and 2 spots on the handlebars

- if doing 3 lights - 2 euros on stock places and 1 spot on the handlebars

The euro floods enough and when traveling at a decent clip, I find myself wishing for a little more distance light that turns with the handlebars. But none the less, I absolutely love these lights. One of my favorite mods by far.

Yup, that rectifier is all you need with the floated ground. I would suggest a battery though. Otherwise, you have to idle it up a little to keep the lights from flickering. Each light only draws 10w and your stator puts out ~50-60w of lighting power. So even 4 lights will work easily with a stock stator.

I have one euro and one spot mounted in stock locations on my bike and these are my recommendations;

- if doing 4 lights (as I plan to do eventually) - put 2 euro's in the stock location and 2 spots on the handlebars

- if doing 3 lights - 2 euros on stock places and 1 spot on the handlebars

The euro floods enough and when traveling at a decent clip, I find myself wishing for a little more distance light that turns with the handlebars. But none the less, I absolutely love these lights. One of my favorite mods by far.

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the info.

Any particular battery in mind (size make or other)?

I sent you a pm Klever.

Got it thanks. Do you have pricing for all Vision X stuff or just these lights?

I am considering a helmet light with battery set up and of course two pairs for my truck toys as well. So would need pricing for those.

Also Snopczynski how did you mount these on the stock location?

Thanks

Got it thanks. Do you have pricing for all Vision X stuff or just these lights?

I am considering a helmet light with battery set up and of course two pairs for my truck toys as well. So would need pricing for those.

Also Snopczynski how did you mount these on the stock location?

Thanks

I have all their pricing and access to all their lights.

You moun tthem in the stock location with the hardware they come with, then you have to get washers or spacers and center them in the mount.

If you want a price on something pm me.