what you guys think?

banshee racer #113

so i got an r6 shock off ebay, and i drilled out the top bushing so the stock shock bolt would fit and that worked fine, but the bottom didnt have the outside rings on the eye of the shock. i figured i would just takr the ones off the stock banshee shock and put those on the r6 shock, but the eye of the r6 shock is way wider than the eye of the banshee shock. so it wouldnt fit with both of the outside rings on it. so i just put one of them on it snd bolted it up thinking it would be fine. it was fine for a few rides, but then one time i was jus ridin a circle track at my house and the eye of the shock broke off of the rest of the schock, do you think this was caused by the use of only one outer ring? i am trying to figure out why it did this before i invest in another shock

so i got an r6 shock off ebay, and i drilled out the top bushing so the stock shock bolt would fit and that worked fine, but the bottom didnt have the outside rings on the eye of the shock. i figured i would just takr the ones off the stock banshee shock and put those on the r6 shock, but the eye of the r6 shock is way wider than the eye of the banshee shock. so it wouldnt fit with both of the outside rings on it. so i just put one of them on it snd bolted it up thinking it would be fine. it was fine for a few rides, but then one time i was jus ridin a circle track at my house and the eye of the shock broke off of the rest of the schock, do you think this was caused by the use of only one outer ring? i am trying to figure out why it did this before i invest in another shock

Without the bushing the shock mount was grinding away at it, the bushings are made to take the pressure, not the outer surface of the shock. Get your self another shock that fits properly and you'll be fine.

Yep, another kid was just saying that he broke the bottom of his R6 shock off by not using the bushings. I have been riding an R6 shock for over a year now and its working great. I had my buddy machine me some bushings to fit the frame to make the frame holes smaller and use the bolts that came with the shock. I can't explain it very well but I can post some pictures if you want to see how I did it.

• 4 weeks later...

how hard would it be to take the spring off the r6 shock and put it on my stock shock? it would work just fine wouldnt it? i jus spent $1500 on a complete overhaul of the motor so im short on money for a little bit and that would save me from buyin a new shock or a lowering block