is this a good carrier?

I think it is a great carrier. True, it is not a round housing, but it did not cost 600+ dollars. It looks just like the one I have and mine has tapered(or Timken) bearings.I have had mine for 7 years and have never replaced the bearings. I just give the zerk fitting a little grease after I wash the bike when I get home and check or adjust my axle nut occasionally. I was replacing bearings and seals EVERY YEAR with my stock setup, so IMO this setup has more than paid for itself. I tried OEM, bearing house and auto parts bearings, and I tried replacing the spacer a couple of times. Round housings are over rated, I have more chain adjustment than a round housing with tapered bearings, my carrier has never been stuck in my swingarm from corrosion.

whats wrong with the stock one on your bike? you can install new bearings and seals into your stocker for cheaper than that....

It got bent last weekend. I figure if I buy another stocker off fleabay for say 50 bucks and get new seals and bearings for another 30 bux or so this would be a good set up for just a bit more. This comes with seals as well.

Hey so how is your rear brake mounted with that because it isn't spaced over far enough to reach the brake caliper is it??

There's a guy I'm talking to over on the blaster forum that is trying to figure out how to match up the brake caliper with it but its a few inches off and won't bolt up. Do you have a different caliper or something?

Hey so how is your rear brake mounted with that because it isn't spaced over far enough to reach the brake caliper is it??

There's a guy I'm talking to over on the blaster forum that is trying to figure out how to match up the brake caliper with it but its a few inches off and won't bolt up. Do you have a different caliper or something?

Mine came with spacers for the caliper bolts.

the reason they are outlasting the stockers, is that you are using timken t-roller bearings (good manufacturer) and keeping them greased. they don't stick because aluminum is soft and doesn't rust. if you want the bling, go for it, but you can usually get a stockker with pretty fresh bearings/seals for 50 and i've3 seen alot with grease zircs added to the carrier, which is not hard to do if you have a drill and pipe tap. check nyuk on here. or peruse the for sale section.