triple cylinder banshee build

My name is Kevin. And I just started working on my first triple cylinder banshee.All i have done so far is took 2 banshee cases and milled them to fit together, and also milled a left side cylinder to fit next to another left side cylinder.I am planning on keeping it stock stroke and stock cylinders with a nice top end port job ,cpi outer frame pipes and 35mm air strikers. I was wondering if anyone can point me out to a ignition set up i should use, and maybe some tips on how to go about building this engine. Thanks guys.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My name is Kevin. And I just started working on my first triple cylinder banshee.All i have done so far is took 2 banshee cases and milled them to fit together, and also milled a left side cylinder to fit next to another left side cylinder.I am planning on keeping it stock stroke and stock cylinders with a nice top end port job ,cpi outer frame pipes and 35mm air strikers. I was wondering if anyone can point me out to a ignition set up i should use, and maybe some tips on how to go about building this engine. Thanks guys.

The ignition really depends on how you setup the crankshaft. Do you have two cylinders in the same phase, three different phases, or some sort of odd-fire setup?

If you are sticking with an OEM style crankshaft with an extra pin,rod, and cheek scabbed on, then you can use an OEM ignition setup, and just need yo use an aftermarket triple wire output coil (common for outbard marine engines).

If you want to get more exotic, then the sky is the limit.

the crank i am going to build is going to be a three phase out of 2 stock cranks. I looked into using a ignition off a Polaris xlt 600 triple but im not sure if there fly wheel will mate on to a banshee crank shaft. And im only doing this one mild because i have a lot of spare stock parts and i wanted to see if i could do it. If it works out i will see about shelling out the money for a 10 mill crank and milling out a mono head at my work.

Does a stock banshee ignition fire both coils twice per revolution. i would think it does, for the fact you can swop coil boots and not chang the way the engine runs. is this the same with on other triple two stroke engines; do they fire 3 times for every revolution. if this is the case i could see adding and changing the slugs arond on the fly wheel and plugging in a triple coil set up.

yes. it fires both plugs every bang... it's called "wasted spark"

if you had a coil with 3 wires it would fire all 3 plugs at the same time. This also means that the coil is wound differently to have enough ass to spark all 3 plugs at once.

he just needs a banshee flywheel with 3 lugs, one every 120* and a triple wire coil off a polaris XLT or something like that

Edited by TurboBanshee420