If you need the carb spray to start a cold motor

oh6banshee

If i need to use the carb spray to start a cold motor what is wrong. Im going to take them apart and clean, and sync cause i just bought it but I dont want to spray everytime I go out. I figure something has to be adjusted and its a simple fix. Im trying to cover all my bases. By the way when it gets warm its fine, It starts right up. Also when is it time to get a fresh top end. Thanks Ill post picks of the new ride this weekend when i get it.

If i need to use the carb spray to start a cold motor what is wrong. Im going to take them apart and clean, and sync cause i just bought it but I dont want to spray everytime I go out. I figure something has to be adjusted and its a simple fix. Im trying to cover all my bases. By the way when it gets warm its fine, It starts right up. Also when is it time to get a fresh top end. Thanks Ill post picks of the new ride this weekend when i get it.

Might be time for a rebuild. How many hours are on the top end?

I think you answered your own question.

Even if a bike is jetted perfect, once the motor starts to get worn...it is hard to start cold.

Once it warms up, parts expand and seal better...that's why it's easy to start warm.

Do a cranking compression check with a QUALITY gauge (not a 10 dollar auto parts store cheapy)

It is important that the threads on the gauge are as long as the spark plug threads, or you'll get a false reading.

Depending on your altitude...at or near sea level...floating around the 100 PSI mark and it's time to freshen up the top end.