Best oil to run in methanol

I run castor 927 at 28:1 myself. Both Klotz Supertechniplate and Castor 927 are good oils. The Klots will burn cleaner, but I prefer the extra goopy-ness of the castor. There are a couple other oils out there that will run with the methanol, but I can't remember what they are. Benoil or something like that I think...

- Jared

Klotz Supertechniplate is what i run at 28:1. Alot of people i ride with run klotz benol at 32:1. The benol leaves alot of residue behind when it burn that why i dont run it. the techniplate has 20% castor oil in it. so it burns a little cleaner but gives you some protection with the caster oil in it. plus i like the smell of the Klotz :biggrin:

Thanks for the input!! On gas, I always ran Klotz, becasue I liked the smell and it had good reviews, but Jim suggested running the maxima 927 @ 24:1, so I guess I will do that!! Dennis Packard said Mazima 927 at 5oz per gallon, like 27 or 28:1. And @ M&M suggested Klotz benoil at 20:1, so I jsut wanted to know what everyone else was doing!! Thanks again!!

Z

I run castor 927 at 28:1 myself. Both Klotz Supertechniplate and Castor 927 are good oils. The Klots will burn cleaner, but I prefer the extra goopy-ness of the castor. There are a couple other oils out there that will run with the methanol, but I can't remember what they are. Benoil or something like that I think...

- Jared

Castor 927 is the only way to go.... :geek:

I used to use Benoil (Klotz) at 28:1, but I switched to Supertechniplate (which is also Klotz and has castor oil in it) at 28:1.

I've never had a lubrication issue...and I put a LOT of passes on my bike.

Redline is good alky oil too, but it's pricey and not very easy to get.

I switched to supertechniplate for 2 reasons. 1. It stays mixed better in cold temps (we ride ice here in the winter) and 2. It is more readily available at most performance shops.

As long as you are using a castor based oil...you're fine.

Here's a tip no one else mentioned. Whatever oil you use for your alky, make sure you use it for your purge gas (which I mix at 20:1)

If you use a non-methanol compatible oil in your purge gas, it will gum up your carbs. Been there, done that.

I literally purge my bike until it dies from fouling out the plugs. I've got huge float bowls and it takes a few minutes to clean them out.

Everyone has their favorite oil, just like anything else. I say use whatever castor based oil you can get your hands on easily and cheaply.... and do NOT mix any leaner than 32:1. As said, don't be afraid to slop the oil in there.