oxygenated race fuel

rubeat

AVGAS is oxygenated also, i have run it for years in my sled and a couple in my banshee, as well as the YZ250. Mixes just like regular fuel with oil.

Some say to run one size large main as its recommended with the added oxygen in oxygenated fuel.

On my banshee and 250, i had to go up one main size but didn't on my sleds

Some do some don't, basically just check your jetting as always.

I love oxygenated fuels. There great.

Do any of you run it and have any bad things to say about it.Guys around hear say not to run it in a 2 stroke.They say oil wont mix in the fuel right. thanks

im assuming your talking about methanol,you will have to run benol or something that will blend and not seperate with methanol.Your carb and timing will need addressed as well

Do any of you run it and have any bad things to say about it.Guys around hear say not to run it in a 2 stroke.They say oil wont mix in the fuel right. thanks

Oxygenated fuel is where it' at for sure. You need to make sure that you use a compatible pre-mix oil with the fuel you choose. Some oxygenate additives do not like some oils. R50 is a good oil to use that works with most oxygenates that are commercially available.

I do not endorse the use of AV Fuel in an engine not designed for it. :geek:

I've never heard of changing jetting, but, they stopped selling AvGas here in AZ to people without planes. Guess too many people were making explosives out of it, easier to ignite I'd suspect being that it's oxygenated.

You may have to go up in jetting if the specific gravit of the fuel / oxygenate % is high enough. If take VP 4.x fuels as an example, you may have to go up a main jet size or two.

Just like any other fuel............. you have to tune for best results.

Yea vp makes a U2 oxygenated fuel specificaly for 2 strokes.

Or maybe the air port quit selling av gas to people without planes due to the fact that there is little to no tax. The air port is going to get in trouble if some one puts av gas in there car and runs it down the street.

Just like running off road diesel (red) in your pickup.

might be cheaper to buy but since you have to use twice as much there is no savings.

Exactly :thumbsup:

Also for the guys like me that ride basically everyday be it quads dirt bikes or sled. Alky would be a PITA to have to purge everyday.IMO.

Plus set your carbs up for it..... :down:

If he riding everyday isnt that oxygenated race fuel between 6 to 15 dollars a gallon? that is a lot of money for a gallon of gas. I just figured that if your going to run that just go to alky. Purging is not hard and if you run the bike alot you dont have to purge it everyday. Setting carbs up for alky is easy. just my .02

avgas also runs ALOT more gooder @ 1000ft+ :biggrin: you do need a compatible premix, or it will separate. if you have issues buying avgas, just tell them you have an ultra-lite. (seat, engine, prop, hanging from a parachute) i buy it right at the pump, in a light industrial are