cheetah vs t-rex

pittsburghbanshee

ive been lookin at these for a while now and dont no which direction i should go trinity told me 2500 for the cheetah p.v. thats the whole top end with no crank but then i found t-rex for 1800 whats the better choice my riding style is a bit of everything from woods to wide open strip mines one mile wide with huge hill climbs what do you guys think i cant find to much info on them as far as performance

im not sure bout either but i do know that a buddy of mine just got a cheetah and burnt a hole in one piston and he said buying new pistons for his cheetah is like buying a set for a hot rod v8 car. verry expensive well now he is having trouble finding the right size pistons both numbers match and diff size pistons he even measured them and now for the second time hes gotten the wrong pistons just thought id throw that at ya :shrug:

I don't have a lot of experiences with Cheetah specifically, so don't quote me as bible on this one, but the smaller bore Cheetahs (65 and 68mm) use the same pistons as the cubs. Readily available, inexpensive.

When you get into the 72 to 73.5 mm pistons, yeah...that's where it gets pricey. And you pretty much have to go through Trinity.

What do you currently have? A well ported stock cylinder setup for a 4 mil crank is very inexpensive and can put out 70 to 80 usable, reliable HP all day long....

It will take a hole bunch of porting to get a T-Rex close to a stock Cheetah cylinder. I have ridden a 12mm T-Rex and it was no faster than my 4mm Cub to be honest. It is actually slower than the Cub. The Cheetah is the way to go if you want the power.

ive been lookin at these for a while now and dont no which direction i should go trinity told me 2500 for the cheetah p.v. thats the whole top end with no crank but then i found t-rex for 1800 whats the better choice my riding style is a bit of everything from woods to wide open strip mines one mile wide with huge hill climbs what do you guys think i cant find to much info on them as far as performance

Get the Cheetah pv. You love it. I built a 472 T-rex this year. Dont run like my cheetah. Heres a video. The Yellow bike is mine, 492 cheetah pv. The silver bike is a 472 t-rex. You be the judge.

th_100_0979.jpg

th_100_0982.jpg

th_100_0983.jpg

im not sure bout either but i do know that a buddy of mine just got a cheetah and burnt a hole in one piston and he said buying new pistons for his cheetah is like buying a set for a hot rod v8 car. verry expensive well now he is having trouble finding the right size pistons both numbers match and diff size pistons he even measured them and now for the second time hes gotten the wrong pistons just thought id throw that at ya :shrug:

Cheetah pistons are $260 per set, with rings and pin. Well worth the money in my opinion.

This question still comes down to what its purpose is going to be and who is going to set it up. If you are not going to pay a known builder to port the cylinder (which ever you choose), then the cheetah will make more power out of the box. I have seen T-REX motors just as fast as the same CC Cheetah builds. But the difference is you really need to have someone that knows the T-REX to do the work. And in the end, it still comes down to how much time and effort you put into tuning.

As far as the TREX domes (cc's). They do use a different piston configuration. So dont let the 10 or 12cc volume scare you. If you decide to go that route, just make sure who ever you order the cylinder kit from, stress to them the fuel you are wanting to run.

thanks alot guys for the info i think im gonna go with the cheetah pabansheeyour bike sounds pretty mean and that looks just like the place i ride at but im sure its not did u get your cheetah through trinity im tryin to find another dealer to go through and maybe get it for less then 3000+ i wanted to do a 421 and again thanks for all the input guys

if its retarded fast then its me :biggrin: