blew the motor

blanco

so i went riding to one of my usual spots, its a mix of sand and dirt. the bike was running great no new sounds or power loss i was roosting a dune when right in the middle of it i heard a loud PING and the bike shut off :sick: . i jumped off and the case has a hole on the right cyclinder above the lower half of the case and below the cylinders so just the top half of the case split open. the other thing i noticed was one of the coil wires came off . . . . :banghead: could that actually cause this? thanks guys.

Edited by blanco

i tried and that brought it down to 4 k but it promps me to ask the administrator to check the settings and permissions. any ideas?

Go to photo bucket, upload your pics. Then when the small pics on Your photo bucket show up on your screen, just hover your mouse over the pic you want and a drop down bar will show up with 4-5 codes. Now copy the "IMG code" (very bottom one) and paste it in here where you write and post, then a big pic will show up when your done and click submit post!

If you want just a link for someone to click to get to your big pic/s (so you do whore up threads with huge pics) :biggrin: , just copy the "direct link" code and paste it here also.

Very easy to do, so easy in fact a cave man can do it :thumbsup:

Edited by savage420

DING DING DING YOU WIN :laugh:.....but its your thread so copy/paste the "IMG CODE" so you know how to do both! :thumbsup:

Pretty damn easy huh...and always big pics, no limit to size.

DAMN thats a nasty hole man. Pretty sure if the coil wire came off that wouldnt casue this, it would just give no spark and it would shut off.

How old is this motor and topend and what not?

Looks like the crank/rod let go :ohmy:

Give us some specifics on it like comp, fuel, squish, mods and all things like that.....

OUCH :blink:

Edited by savage420

i bought the bike with this motor already in it and he was'nt sure of all the specs. i do know k&t built it about four years ago. so i took it to them and he said he remembered the bike but not anything specific, he made it sound like he did mild motor work nothing too amazing. what i do know: cool head, reeds, 33?mm flatsides, cpi inframes,racing clutch and other non motor stuff, sorry i dont know more about it but i soon will. :cool:

with a 4 mil what kind of power will i be pushing and will it be top end or low , all across the band, how will it affect driving conditions, trails, dunes , mtn, jetting, . . .sorry for all the questions, thanks guys.