NEW BILLET SHIFT STAR. NEW DESIGN

blowit

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170368928032

Just thought I would pass along one of our new products if you guys had any questions. We built an all new billet design shift star due to several issues we have seen over the years.

1. Extended and enlarged drive pins so shift claw can never jump off the shift star again!

2. Improved profile geometry with our compound radius design to better shifting action over a modified stock star.

3. Redesigned neutral stop so trans will not hang up between 1st and 2nd under load.

Please note that this is not a cut OEM star. These are cut from a solid chunk of steel. Let me know if you guys have questions or concerns. Happy to answer questions.

Thanks

Brandon

Very nice looking. Don't know a lot about priceing for Shee parts, but that seems like a deal. Is it hardened? What kind of steel?

Yes the part is hardened. We tried to price this part very competitively considering how much machining goes into them and the materials used. We still have a decent margin for dealers as well.

Brandon

Saw these on Ebay the other day...looks like a nice and well thought out product.

Nice work Brandon.

Thanks D. I will say that most of our innovations come from customer feedback and experiences. Lost track of how many bikes we got in where the shift claw jumped off the shift star and jammed up. We took the opportunity to improve several more things while we were there...

B

x2

The billet shift stars are available and ready to ship. Sorry about the above linky. That one was sold. Have plenty in inventory. Please feel free to call the shop and get one ordered.

Brandon

www.mullengineering.com

please find the number on the site. Sorry, I hate posting our number on a public forum for spamming reasons.

Please note that we have not updated the site yet to include the new star so all we have listed is the cut OEM star and we no longer stock them.

Thanks!

Edited by blowit

• 1 month later...

<!--quoteo(post=1040445:date=Aug 11 2009, 02:42 AM:name=joee20002)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (joee20002 @ Aug 11 2009, 02:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1040445"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->x2<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The billet shift stars are available and ready to ship. Sorry about the above linky. That one was sold. Have plenty in inventory. Please feel free to call the shop and get one ordered.

Brandon

www.mullengineering.com

please find the number on the site. Sorry, I hate posting our number on a public forum for spamming reasons.

Please note that we have not updated the site yet to include the new star so all we have listed is the cut OEM star and we no longer stock them.

Thanks!

SWEEEETTTT!!! I just dont understand why it needs to be hardened because it rides on a neopreem wheel... i shaved mine 2 years ago and havent had a problem yett.. :headbang:

SWEEEETTTT!!! I just dont understand why it needs to be hardened because it rides on a neopreem wheel... i shaved mine 2 years ago and havent had a problem yett.. :headbang:

Not sure what "neopreem" is but the wheel that indexes on the shift star is hardened steel. IIRC, about 60HRC.

B