Chrome Plating

jmartinez

Hi All! New to the forums. Cleaning up my Banshee with some powdercoat and chrome.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for chrome plating in the San Diego area? Planning on chrome plating my upper A-Arms, tie rods and axel. Any idea how much this should cost me? I don't have any experience with getting stuff chromed.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

With EPA and California clean air laws, the good shops I knew of are gone.

There's a shop in old La Mesa short of by Carl Burger Dodge that seems to do good work. A friend had the front end for his duece done there. It looked pretty good to me, but they took forever. Kept telling him one story or another of why it wasn't done.

There's also a place in Escondido that does all sorts of metal finishes, but I don't remember if they do chrome. Have a card for them some where.

All the goo dplaces that used to be in SD are now gone because of all the EPA BS. Most of the shops that still offer chroming don't do it in house. They take your stuff to T.J.

Send Bk_Banshee a pm on here, tell him I sent you. He did my chroming. TOP notch! he also chromes aluminum. Spend a little extra to get a GOOD chrome job or your going to have issues.

I dont chrome but I do offer a true chrome polished finish on lots of parts. Ive done some work here for some huys and they were very happy. Check out my site in my sig. Theres pics and some pricing. Pm me if you have any questions. thanks.

• 1 month later...

I own Escondido Plating. We still chrome plate parts for cars and bikes and we are an actual shop not a broker. Check out my site www.autochromeplating.com. We have been in business since 1979 and aren't going anywhere despite what you hear about the EPA and California regulations. There is a lot of false information about chrome not being done in California but thats only for shops that could not comply with federal regs. We do and we will be happy to offer discounts for any members mentioning this post. Thanks, Don. 760-743-4148

Escondido Plating is an actual plating shop, not a broker. 760-743-4148 860 Metcalf Street Escondido Ca. 92025. We offer show quality chrome plating.

I acutally ended up using you guys. I had my A-arms, axel, and tie rods done not too long ago. Everything came out really well! Thanks again! I'm sure I'll use you guys when I'm ready to build my 250r.