Got my 1st Banshee! Need help with it runnin right!

creiss13

whats up everybody.. I just got my first banshee finally!!its a 01 bored to a 400cc dual fmf exhaust and dual air filters. Here's the thing. It wasnt running when I got it. I put in new plugs fresh gas cleaned both carbs twice! it starts up now on bout 1st or 2nd kick, idles to me kinda high, and as soon as you touch the throttle it boggs out and will die.. I can idle around my yard in every gear until I hit the throttle. I need help with this kinda lost when it come to having two of everything! Thanks!!

whats up everybody.. I just got my first banshee finally!!its a 01 bored to a 400cc dual fmf exhaust and dual air filters. Here's the thing. It wasnt running when I got it. I put in new plugs fresh gas cleaned both carbs twice! it starts up now on bout 1st or 2nd kick, idles to me kinda high, and as soon as you touch the throttle it boggs out and will die.. I can idle around my yard in every gear until I hit the throttle. I need help with this kinda lost when it come to having two of everything! Thanks!!

Sounds like the parking brake switch. That will let it start but not rev up.

I had a similar problem with mine and it ended up being the microswitch on the throttle lever was stuck in, not sure what the switch does but it will definantly stop the bike from revving and cut the motor out when you try to rev it. Guessing it is connected to the ignition somehow. good luck. :cool:

Edited by YELLOWBANSHEE06

I had a similar problem with mine and it ended up being the microswitch on the throttle lever was stuck in, not sure what the switch does but it will definantly stop the bike from revving and cut the motor out when you try to rev it. Guessing it is connected to the ignition somehow. good luck. :cool:

Well the choke was not on... and I will def. take a closer look at these switches tonite.. Thanks for the help so far!

sounds electrical like said. and it sounds like you have a 361cc banshee so dont be one of the dummys who tells everyone they have a 400cc banshee

UPDATE! So the problem was in my ebrake sensor! Had it running good, took it out to test ride bout 2 hrs later and no spark. It seems like one go around it will get spark the next time no spark, my guess is the on off switch? Or is it something else? Thanks