Torque question

How can i get 4 stroke torque feel from my banshee...I have v force reeds, FMF fatties, I like the banshee overall but would like more torque from it instead of having it screaming all the time....lol..

Please help me before i sell it and look into 4 strokes....what options do i have..

Thanks

How can i get 4 stroke torque feel from my banshee...I have v force reeds, FMF fatties, I like the banshee overall but would like more torque from it instead of having it screaming all the time....lol..

Please help me before i sell it and look into 4 strokes....what options do i have..

Thanks

Put a single 35-39mm carb set up on there. Get a noss head on with 20-19 cc domes, stick a adj timing plate and set it at +4.

Take those stupid fmf pipes off and get some low end pipes like pro curcuits or if you want to get real gay go witha 2-1 pipe.

All of this nonsence will bump up your low-mid power alot.

Or you could always drop a shit ton of money on some Power valve cyls.

Edited by savage420

Thanks

easy, buy a four stroke.

different pipes, different reeds, add compression, port work, advance the timing, etc....

Single carb will give you a tiny bit more torque, biggest thing you will notice is that it will accelerate faster.

The dynoport pipe is not a low-mid pipe.

strap on some balls and enjoy the power. I SAID LOVE IT!!!!!!! :evil:

j/k, as said, try out some pro-circuits, and lowend reeds, like boysen dual stage. bump the compression and advance the timing. all i've left to do for bolt-ons in that list is the timing, and it runs awesome in the woods/trails. next, you go into porting stroking, and powervalving, all only limited by how much you want to spend.

Fatties aren't bad pipes for low/mid. I'm not just saying this because I makes heads and domes but, like was said earlier, a head with domes that would get your compression around 155 - 165 would help a lot. If you have the stock air filter setup, upgrading that would complement the pipes, reeds, and head. These things would be fairly inexpensive and would provide an improvement that you would definitely feel.

-David

Fatties aren't bad pipes for low/mid. I'm not just saying this because I makes heads and domes but, like was said earlier, a head with domes that would get your compression around 155 - 165 would help a lot. If you have the stock air filter setup, upgrading that would complement the pipes, reeds, and head. These things would be fairly inexpensive and would provide an improvement that you would definitely feel.

-David

What size head and domes would i need for pump gas(91) What should the compression be on a stock engine? How hard is it to install and setup the timing advance plates?

the timing advance plate is really easy to install, i fitted one to my banshee a couple of weeks ago.

if you buy the right flywheel puller tool it shouldn't take any more than half an hour from start to finish

stock compression is about 120 on a fresh topend, probably 20cc domes would suit you but your better off waitin for dlnoss to answer about the domes.

i run the noss head and it's a great product, i'd recommend it to anyone :thumbsup:

What size head and domes would i need for pump gas(91) What should the compression be on a stock engine? How hard is it to install and setup the timing advance plates?

If you are close to sea level, or below about 800', I'd recommend 21cc domes.

-David