Stock reed cage ?

Hey I dont know the Tech term for them, but the guides or stops that come on the stock reed cages, are they needed, I have only one cage that has them and I am replacing the reeds with an aftermarket set and want to know if I should take the one set off, or find one to replace the side thats missing them. And any feelings on the best reeds to get, all I have done to bike is a set of t-5's and new 28mm flat slide carbs and airbox removed.

Just curious are the stops the metal things that hold the reed down? I just installed boyesens and I put it together in this order. 1:plastic petal with two square holes cut in it 2:carbon reed 3: metal funny thing to hold it down (off stock cage) is that right?

Yes they are the little metal things. You can take a die grinder and cut off some of the outer end, so you can bend them out more, to let the reeds open more. But it is better not to take them off, because they help the reed to rebound. They accualy help at hi rpm. Where does the Banshee run?

At hi rpm's the reed will just slap the sides of the intake and sooner or later brake.

Then how come the v-force don't use them? Because the v-force has more petal surface and all them opening up at hi rpm is not enough to need the back up. Also the angle of the petal, very steep, it only has to move a little to be open.