Pilot Jets

Natemills8

What size Pilot jet should I be useing my bike is Stock Bore With Superstock Piston with a full drag port 34mm PWK Air strikers on alky with GGR Drag PipeSB.

They are 35s right now I just need to know if I should go bigger or smaller or lever them alone

Edited by Natemills8

Your pilots have nothing to do with the bike's throttle being wide open.

Your air screws and pilots control off idle to just under 1/4 throttle.

If your bike doesn't have triple exhaust ports, good chance you don't need a powerjet, even on alky.

Air Strikers jet a little different than conventional PWKs.

How can you tell the differnce between a airstriker and a regular PWK.. it dont have any problem with the throttle I just need to know what size piolet jet I need its a 35 right now me and my buddy think I should put a 30 in it and see how it does its to rich right now Im guessing if I can start it on fog gas the 2nd kick

Edited by Natemills8

How can you tell the differnce between a airstriker and a regular PWK.. it dont have any problem with the throttle I just need to know what size piolet jet I need its a 35 right now me and my buddy think I should put a 30 in it and see how it does its to rich right now Im guessing if I can start it on fog gas the 2nd kick

if they are 34mm carbs they are not air strykers.if they are air strykers then they are either 35 or 38mm and will have 2 fins in they inlet side .if you have 34mm keihins they are most likely pj's.the main difference between pj and pwk keihins is that you set the idle on pj's by turning the choke knob and pwk's have idle screws.as for the the pilots as far as i know the smallest pilot jets they make for them is 35's.

if they are 34mm carbs they are not air strykers.if they are air strykers then they are either 35 or 38mm and will have 2 fins in they inlet side .if you have 34mm keihins they are most likely pj's.the main difference between pj and pwk keihins is that you set the idle on pj's by turning the choke knob and pwk's have idle screws.as for the the pilots as far as i know the smallest pilot jets they make for them is 35's.

Well there not pjs it says PWK on the side of them so Im guessing they are 35s then its got s d shaped slide ill find a picture so you can tell me what they are

i would just leave it be unless you are having problems at the track coming off the line to rich or busting up first 100ft....

or when you rev it it takes a second to pick up......other then that i wouldnt let it get to me...

what track do you race at ky????

matt

Outback Its like its hookin to hard off the line for the motor to pull but when it does wanna go it gets out about 10 feet & runs out of gas so times. I think it was in the wiring my buddy messed with it alittle & the left side richend up

Edited by Natemills8