how fast does gas go bad.

the tank sat outside in the sun for llike the last three weeks. and now on with the fresh top end it doesnt want to start. could it possibly be bad gass..?

Usually pump gas is good for awhile, like 6 months or so. Now setting it in the sun, that's a different story. Direct UV rays I am sure are damaging as they are to everything else. In a sealed container you can get condensation build up. So yes, I'd say gas could be an issue. But instead of wondering I'd just go get 3$ worth of petro around the corner and find out!

Good luck

SP

Usually pump gas is good for awhile, like 6 months or so. Now setting it in the sun, that's a different story. Direct UV rays I am sure are damaging as they are to everything else. In a sealed container you can get condensation build up. So yes, I'd say gas could be an issue. But instead of wondering I'd just go get 3$ worth of petro around the corner and find out!

Good luck

SP

ya i knew it wasnt bad, but yeah it was a black tank sealed and in direct sun so i think that may be the problem. i know its a fuel issue, but well find out if thats it tomorow

its starving for gas. itll try to run when you squirt gas down the carbs. were to start?

fuel delivery? check and clean your petcock screen, whens last time you cleaned carbs? also will it start with choke on?

I actually just had this problem with my rebuild. Had tons of spark, carbs were freshly cleaned and getting gas, and had 145 psi compression. But didn't want to start with 1 month old gas. Bought some brand new stuff and filled her up and away it went.