NEW Larger Capacity Keihin Billet Bowls Chariot

If you are asking for our bowls, you won't need the washers. It is possible on some of our first style bowls that there was a surface line which would allow a very slight leak. On our new bowls the surface where the culprit bolts seat against is very flat and smooth. The bolts will seal against the surface on their own.

Jerry

Those bolts are 4mm

no not your bowls i need the 4 the junk rdz bowls i have ... thanks

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Dumb question: Do you have a discount for BHQ members?

Unfortunately for the consumer, we don't have any discounts. Unlike a lot of other manufacturers who also sell parts retail, we protect our dealers by imposing minimum sale prices and that is what we sell at. Other manufacturers undercut their dealers but we do not.

Occasionally on parts which for some reason don't sell well we discontinue them and may have clearance prices but those clearance prices are typically available to dealers.

Thanks

Jerry

I'd say 150 for bhq guys would be nice and reasonable... :tongue: :whistling:

is there enough room for these on a cub? My PWM carbs are already hitting together where the pilot passage goes through...the casting sticks out about 1/2" right there. Those billet bowls look like they would be a big roblem with the space issue....feedback?

I second that, my set leaked terribly and were bulky looking. Held a shit ton of fuel tho.

Gee thanks for selling them to me bastard... Remind me to kick you in the nuts :thanks:

Now to add something constructive to this thread. The first set of billet bowls i had were leaking at the adaptor plate to carb seal. Come to find out the castings on my PWK carbs had some imperfections in it that sealed with the stock bowls but not with the billets. the stocks have bigger orings that protrude more. Sounds like chariot may have already fixed this with their design and more protrusion, I was able to cure this by using a large flat file and gently cleaning up the sealing surface on the carb. I like the idea of the washers on the bowls though, i will be adding those as i also noticed a little seepage around the threads after a couple of trips. thanks

I'd say 150 for bhq guys would be nice and reasonable... :tongue: :whistling:

is there enough room for these on a cub? My PWM carbs are already hitting together where the pilot passage goes through...the casting sticks out about 1/2" right there. Those billet bowls look like they would be a big roblem with the space issue....feedback?

I have a 4mm cub on my bike and they fit great no space issues or clearance issues.

Gee thanks for selling them to me bastard... Remind me to kick you in the nuts :thanks:

Now to add something constructive to this thread. The first set of billet bowls i had were leaking at the adaptor plate to carb seal. Come to find out the castings on my PWK carbs had some imperfections in it that sealed with the stock bowls but not with the billets. the stocks have bigger orings that protrude more. Sounds like chariot may have already fixed this with their design and more protrusion, I was able to cure this by using a large flat file and gently cleaning up the sealing surface on the carb. I like the idea of the washers on the bowls though, i will be adding those as i also noticed a little seepage around the threads after a couple of trips. thanks

I am not sure if we fixed that problem. If there are not casting flaws I am sure the oring will seal. I believe our new larger bowls should not leak around the threads because our fasteners have a nice square shoulder and our surface is machined with no cutter mark that the fluid will follow. Maybe it still does on some? I wonder if a piece of electrical tape or teflon tape as a washer would work well. I t should.

cool, just a bit of info i wanted to pass on as my carbs would have more than likely leaked with any aftermarket bowls. Perhaps this info would prevent somebody from blaming you for a leak which is out of your controll. Just one more thing to check before you start bolting parts on i guess

• 2 months later...

If anyone is interested here is exactly what I sent Jerry for feedback on the bowls that I purchased for my red bike. Keep in mind that this converstaion is meant to be between two engineering oriented folks, I am completely happy with my purchase, and I am still running these bowls:

"I finally broke down and bought some of your float bowls.

I am very happy with them and they are the best bowls I have seen on the market and I can say that having fooled with pretty much every bowl out there with the exception of K&T. I have even made several iterations of bowls myself that never made me really happy.

With that said, I have one negative comment and two suggestions:

*I only received one bowl drain screw. The one I did receive was a 10/32 screw and the bowl drains were tapped for M5x.08. I sorted this out without trouble, but someone else might not be happy about this.

*It might look better if you included a button allen screw for the drain instead of a phillips head screw.

*It might be nice to chamfer or deburr the top edges of the bowl itself as they are very sharp."

Hopefully this helps some of y'all.....