dyna box fs ignition

hey guys i went to install my old dyna box fs well the bike runs but once i give it some throttle the bike starts cutting out i belive its the parking brake wire i dont have it grounded out? what colour is the parking brake wire coming out of the dyna box and can i ground it back to the dyna box?

i put my stock cdi box back on and it runs perfect but my porting is mde for the power curve in the dyna box so i need to put it back on

• 7 months later...

Yes.

if this is a banshee cdi do not ground p brake wire. leave it open. i will put money on it. if you put that wire to a ground it will trigger the p brake rev limiter. the rev limiter is set at 2600 stock.. it could be a bad cdi box i just sent one back that went bad..

The partk brake rev limiter is limiting when the wire is grounded, when the park brake is set the switch there closes and connects the wire from the CDI box to the ground wire in the harness. If you want to do away with the limiter, just cut the wire out of the bike harness at the CDI plug and you will be good to go. With the wire cut out of the bike harness and still in the box side of the plug, it keeps it from becoming grounded. This is how my wife's 97 is set up and it gives us no problems. I know in 97 when this feature first appeared the wire was green/yellow, I don't know about later years.

there is also a stutter function on it. can't remember what wire it uses, but here is what i put down in my notes, lol

4:22 PM 1/21/2010 dyna f/s wires:

brown-rpm activated switch. is 12v (-)500ma max for power jets

blue- rom activated switch. is 12v (-)500ma max for power valves

purple/white-rev limiter when grounded-2600rpm stock

GREEN-? TACH? 12V PULSED