Banshee Nightmare.

doug

Hi Guys,

I have a Banshee that I cannot get running right. Here is the problem.

Starts fine, but when going through the gears there is a distinctive sputter. Once into the powerband that bike no longer sputters and pulls hard, runs clean, like a Banshee usually does. I've jetted up and down and no longer think this is a jetting issue. This was confirmed by a buddy who's got a built Banshee as well.

Stock '06

FMF fatty pipes w/ powercore II silencers

boyeseen reeds

tors removed

durablue air filter

260 mains

27.5 pilots

Any ideas? Reeds look fine, slightly bending, but no chips, etc. Could this be part of the TORS removal? (electrical issue) There is one wire that must be plugged in for the bike to run. The wires are tiwsted together (to close the loop I think). Electrical issue? Thanks.

Hi Guys,

I have a Banshee that I cannot get running right. Here is the problem.

Starts fine, but when going through the gears there is a distinctive sputter. Once into the powerband that bike no longer sputters and pulls hard, runs clean, like a Banshee usually does. I've jetted up and down and no longer think this is a jetting issue. This was confirmed by a buddy who's got a built Banshee as well.

Stock '06

FMF fatty pipes w/ powercore II silencers

boyeseen reeds

tors removed

durablue air filter

260 mains

27.5 pilots

Any ideas? Reeds look fine, slightly bending, but no chips, etc. Could this be part of the TORS removal? (electrical issue) There is one wire that must be plugged in for the bike to run. The wires are tiwsted together (to close the loop I think). Electrical issue? Thanks.

my 00 banshee is doing the same thing. it seems to run better cold and above 1/4 throttle. I have a freash top end and have tried all kinds of jetting. I am starting to think that it is an electrical issue. I also noticed its hard to get any color out of the plug during plug chops reguardless of jetting. if I find the answer, I will let you know.

what is your elevation and riding temps where you ride? what is your jet needle set at?

x2

are you running a lid? snorkel? how gapped are the reeds? check the pickup gap. replace the plugs, and plug caps. but first, do a compression test.