Tranny Fluid

Tranny Fluid  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I use Belray Gearsaver, simply because I am very skeptical on the ATF- Type F. But lots of guys use it. I am thinking of trying it because it is much cheaper and I don't mind paying 2-3 bucks for a qaurt and changing it 2-3 rides. No big deal.

Kevin built the motor and he even told me to run it. Talk about hard-headed... I just find myself putting it back on the shelf everytime.

But what do you use and why?

I use 85 weight... I ride alot on the dead of summer, heat is an issue, and I want that stuff as thick as possible for as long as possible so to speak. Anything lighter would turn into water.

Edited by TeamRealtreeHD

OTHER:

I run HONDA (I know in a BANSHEE !!!) HP Trans Oil SAE 80w/85w

I was told that was what was in it when I bought it 3 years ago, and that it worked well .. and I've used it ever since ... Easy to find at M/C shop and not incredibly expensive ...

~DaVe

This has been beat to death.

But, ATF type F here. If you want something better than type F, use Dexron III / Mercon Synthetic. That stuff will work great too and hold up a little better than Type F

I certainly dont change it twice as often, but it does break down faster than a gear lube.

I like using it because of the light viscosity, frees up resistance in turning over the motor, which means hp, and my bikes always shift great.

well... I would have liked to vote torco, because they make awesome oils, and i would've ran it, or voted atf, because it's real close to what i do run.

i run gm autotrak II. the main reason i had to search for the right oill and chose this stuff, is that i needed to perform below zero in regards to clutch operation. it's designed to perform in both planetary gear systems, and wet clutch operation at all temperatures. it also highly outperforms atf in it's designated aplication- automatic tranfer cases. proper coushining and viscosity, without hindering the holding ability of the clutch. so far, i am extremely impressed with the oil. absolutely no unwanted slippage, or signs of wear. neutrall became 100x easier to find while running.

it's just what i found, but i won't swear by it or push it on anyone, untill i have at least a year of good performance without complaint. it's about $8 for an oil change, and i did so, before i went out for a 4 day ride, and the oil was pretty much the ame as when i put it in there with 10+hrs. on it, but it was the 2nd oil change, and i wanted to make sure the previous oil was flushed completely.

I like using it because of the light viscosity, frees up resistance in turning over the motor, which means hp, and my bikes always shift great.

I would disagree with it making more hp.. But the lighter weight does penetrate the clutch plates better. I used ATF type F no problems.. I use the MTL 75wt.

As long as there is oil in the cases and your clutch dont slip.... thats what matters!