Ok. new problem

this weekend I took the bike out. and it was very humid out, so I thought that and a minimally dirty air filter were my problem. I lost to a lt450r in drags and I knew something was up (mainly cause I always stomped him). well, I just discarded it all and blamed it on the humidity. now, two days later i get it out, clean it, clean the air filter, tighten the chain, etc. and take it for a spin. When I get on the gas its weak as hell. The top end acts like it has a rev limiter on it. It falls flat on its face basically through the whole rev though. The bottom and idle feel really boggy and un responsive. Now heres the specs

2004 on the stock bore and pistons (which im hoping you guys will say it prob needs rings)

2 into 1 toomey filter,

t5's, +4 timing

and thats it.

Im a weekend rider and dont even go every weekend. Had the bike for almost 3 years. .. 2nd owner. anyone with any ideas?

that is my next thing im going to check. its 93 mixed properly, but i guess there is rumors going around town about our station having shitty gas. say for example i paid for 93 but got 87, would this cause my problem? I am really hoping this is it. It dont seem like it could be anything else. I mean, i would be floored if there was dirt in my carbs because I keep it real clean and sealed up good too.

that is my next thing im going to check. its 93 mixed properly, but i guess there is rumors going around town about our station having shitty gas. say for example i paid for 93 but got 87, would this cause my problem? I am really hoping this is it. It dont seem like it could be anything else. I mean, i would be floored if there was dirt in my carbs because I keep it real clean and sealed up good too.

Are you running outerwears? If so, pull them and go try it. Seen it in the shop too many times. They are crap!

B

Are you running outerwears? If so, pull them and go try it. Seen it in the shop too many times. They are crap!

B

??

With as many people that run these and don't have problems I hardly see this being his issue. Maybe really dirth outerwears/filters yes.

??

With as many people that run these and don't have problems I hardly see this being his issue. Maybe really dirth outerwears/filters yes.

Bet on it. I have seen probably 50 bikes in over the years because they just lose power, jetting is off, etc. People clean the pre filters but do not blow air through them because it is a no no for the gauze filters. Those pre filter pores will plug up easily. Foam filtration wins hands down. I will admit the outerwears look better though...

B

Bet on it. I have seen probably 50 bikes in over the years because they just lose power, jetting is off, etc. People clean the pre filters but do not blow air through them because it is a no no for the gauze filters. Those pre filter pores will plug up easily. Foam filtration wins hands down. I will admit the outerwears look better though...

B

I am using an outerwear, but I just cleaned it well, and it was only on its 2nd use. Also, it ran fine with the old one before, the filter is completely clean and it still did it when I ran with no filter at all.

I am using an outerwear, but I just cleaned it well, and it was only on its 2nd use. Also, it ran fine with the old one before, the filter is completely clean and it still did it when I ran with no filter at all.

Reeds, carbs plugged, piston dropped a skirt, head gasket blown, ...... Lots of possibilities.. :biggrin:

B

I guess mine work because I always blow air through them, cool.

brand new reeds installed correctly, carbs are clean as a whistle (i know dirt could still be in there), no leaking antifreeze. no idea what you mean with the piston, but I would think it would affect performance everywhere if it was a piston problem?