Hard to start...

I have a 2006 banshee that runs great once I get it running and, but is almost impossible to kick start when its cold. I will kick and kick until I'm wore out and still nothing. The plugs are brand new, I drained the fuel and put all fresh fuel in it. What could be ther possible problems to check out.

Thanks

do a compression test

The thing is it will kick over just fine after you have run it for a bit. Like I said the only problem is when its completely cold. You still think a compression test is worth doing? I dont have the proper gear to do it so I'd have to buy it.

if it has run fine before with the jetting you are setup with and in the same temp range,. and it runs fine warm, but not cold, its most likely a compression issue. have you done anything to it since its been becomming a problem? A loose top end has a lot of leak/blow by losing compression. Once the motor warms up, the metal expands giving you a slightly tighter seal.

if it has run fine before with the jetting you are setup with and in the same temp range,. and it runs fine warm, but not cold, its most likely a compression issue. have you done anything to it since its been becomming a problem? A loose top end has a lot of leak/blow by losing compression. Once the motor warms up, the metal expands giving you a slightly tighter seal.

I'm getting a compression tester and going to check it all out ASAP. I have done nothing to the bike in terms of work since its been giving me problems other than changing the plugs and fuel. I'm thinking of pulling the carbs off and giving them a clean as well. I just like to have input from others that may know more than I do about these bikes. Thanks.

OK so I checked out the compression and I'm getting about 112 psi on each cylinder. The bike runs great once warm and will kick over easy, but the first time starting it before its been ran that day you have to bomb start it. What else can I check out here that could possible be causing my bike to be so diffiucult to start cold?