Price Opinion on 97 Banshee

I'm up here in Anchorage Alaska and will be leaving next may. Looking to start another banshee project hoping we get an assignment back to the southwest. Found a 97 banshee complete. Doesn't run but has trinity 2 in 1 carb set up which im not really worried about but the only thing I found that it was missing was the rear caliper. Also has an older set of rough looking fmf fatty's on it. I have had banshee's in past years so getting it running I don't really feel is an issue. The frame is straight with a little rust but nothing media blast and powder coat couldn't take care of after all the tabs are removed. He said he'll take 800 for it. Let me know what yall think. Thanks Josh

Here's the link 97 Banshee

I say offer him 500, whats the worst he can say.

Just go there with the cash and see whats up. Might be able to get a better feel for the bike in person also.

From the pic it looks like a wreck, can see it being worth more than a few hundred, especially since he doesnt even kno whats wrong with it and prob has been sitting outside for the past yr or sooo

Good luck

Really depends on what all needs to be done to it whether its worth fixing or not. But even for 800, you could always say fuck it, and part it out and make money off of the deal. I know out here in Joisey you can score running banshees in ok shape in the 1200 range.

yea, Id talk him down,... you dont know what your going to run into when it comes to fixing it. try sucking more info out of him. like for 1, if the bores still have life in them or on max bore. If its seized, needs a crank ect ect. Get more close up pictures. Id offer him 500, 600 tops. then worse case you can part it out and make a dime if its not worth fixin. Then you might make enough to get a better one running.

I'm going for $500. I went and looked at it and its straight. It definitely needs some work. It's gonna end up being a drag duner so it'll get tore down and hopefully a cub motor from K&T. They built my last motor and it was top notch. Thanks for the input. I'll keep yall posted what I end up with.

Ended up being the jumper wire on the plug from when they removed the ignition switch. Runs like a top. Pretty good deal for 500 bucks. IMHO

Never got to see the pics, but you couldn't hardly go wrong even if you did pay the $800 and it didn't run! Good going, sounds like you got your self a hell of a deal.

• 2 weeks later...