how do you remove clutch basket?

So you already removed the pressure plate and the clutch i take it correct? Your wanting to remove the inner clutch basket and it keeps spinnin on ya?

I like to use a impact works every time.

Edited by KaosBanshee44

cool thanks i'll take your advise and give it a try and if i break it.... what's another $400-$500 bucks! this thing is worst than my gold diggin girlfriend.

you can buy a new billet magnum basket from FAST for like $150 or so.. ditch the girl and spend more on your bike.. the faster it is the more chicks youll get anyway.

oh ya , another question. is there supost to be any play between the basket and gear behind it?

no. if there is play something is wrong. your cushions might be warn out.. play which way?

If you have a stock basket you'll have to get a aftermarket billet basket cause once you grind off the stock rivets holding the gear to the basket you can't put it back on. Looks like it's time for a upgrade

x2

I just put a rag in between the gears and impact, then reverse it to go back on but I tighten nut by hand, it has a lock washer on it, so yer good.

go billet, I had the same play, changed to billet from F.A.S.T. with cushions, no play, no problems

• 14 years later...