nasty ass knock!

WTF went riding and now I have a knock in the right side of mr crank case. I chose to ride it after I noticed it and it still works great but I don't want to fuck it up. i'm thinking it might be the water pump as I have not changed the pump to a billet but I'm not sure. if anyone has any ideas please fell free to reply. The quad is a 2007 if that helps.

I doubt it is the water pump.

Could be the clutch basket coming loose if it's on the right side of the engine.

When the flywheel comes loose it sounds like that as well... but that's on the left.

Does it go away with rpm, or get worse? Is there also a vibration present?

Pull the clutch cover off and do a good visual inspection before you keep riding it and damage something further.

Could be the big nut that holds the PTO gear on the side of the crank. I've had those come loose and grind against the clutch cover just below the water pump and it makes a horrible noise. Pull your clutch cover and check your water pump gear, water pump itself... pretty much everything. Do a compression check while you're working on it too... Gregrob is right, check the flywheel. Noises can transfer through the crank and be misleading.

- jared

If I were you I would stop riding it. Take the engine off and check everything. Better to catch it at this state then a rod going through your side case. I always look at the worse case scenario just so it doesn't get that worse lol. It sounds like either you blew a bearing in your crank like I did. Is it at the bottom? If could be The rod. So check it out.