Light sieze when rolling off WOT !

lt1bird

38mm carbs.....

I started at 175 main jets....kept dropping jets until it ran better, more crisp... the 158 seems to be the point where it started to run very crisp...I just wwnted to go down more until I saw the power get better or drop off.....The jets from the 158 down to the 142 really did not notice it much...Guess I bottomed out..... The needle clip was running fine on the middle position but i was trying to fix a bog situation.... If i wacked the throttle open at 2k rpm(in 6th gear) it would bog.....If i opened it quick it would be fine.....just not wacked open...Im just looking for perfection....Im not sure a scenario would happen at 2k rpms I would wack the throttle open....in 6th gear.....LOL banshees would probably spin the tires but on a street bike the gears and traction might casue me to see alot of things you guys dont...

What do you think a sieze should feel like? Mine felt just like running out of gas but without the WWWWWAAAAAAA bogging sound....

more like the breaks were being put on...Engine still turning but very tight as it stalls when the clutch pulls in.....

Edited by lt1bird

15t front and 46 rear......2.36 primary gears and a 17' tire

at 50-60 mph i rev about 4k rpm..... cant remeber 100% but I do know I wanted more gearing as hwy use will be tacking a bit higher than I wanted....Bought a new sproket 44 teeth for rear....will change front sprocket to If that does not get me where I want to be...

Damn that's high gearing, and with 17" tires, should easily pull 6th, but it won't feel like it's doin much with that gearing and those small of tires.

I think you mean low gearing. He has different ratio primary gears (clutch basket, and crank). It is a 535 and in a suzuki street bike.

IMO run as dirty rich at the low settings as you can stand. A lot of people dont also realize if you have your timing advanced you are burning more of the mixture and actually cooling it off before the exh port opens. I've known friends with +9 timing on alky with EGT temps at 1150 that burned a motor down. Those temps would have shown a lot higher (maybe 1300-1400) if it were only advanced say 4 degs. Good thing you know how to tune but i'd run the needle a lot richer and go up on the pilot maybe 2 or 3 so you know it's cool when you let off.