I need help!

Ok, I got my quad all together. I took it out to the woods today and for some reason when I started it, it revs up really high. when I go to kill it, it still runs and revs high with it not in run. Ive tried a bunch of shit and cant figure it out. when I first kicked it over to run it, it seemed fine, not its like the slides sre stuck open, but not. I turned the idle screws all the way out to bottom out the slides, adjusted the cables all the way in, I dont get it. I have 34mm mikuni flatslides on it that are new to the bike, so maybe its somethign with that? Is this common with an air leak or something? when it revs really high, sometimes if I blip the throttle it will calm down and finally die, and sometimes not, but the slides arent sticking.

Yes it sounds like an air leak. Its like your dieseling or something. I would check for air leaks and do a pressure test real quick. Also maybe check and make sure your floats arent sticking and making act like its running out of fuel. Just some quick thoughts for ya.

X2 on the air leak

Dan

Ok, I went over it all, got it to idle right and all. BUT only one side is firing. My right pipe was spiting out some fluid, so I thought maybe I blew the head gasket. It was gas. I pulled the pipe off and noticed the fucking assholes at the cycle shop didnt clearance my powervalve shaft and my cylinder wall is scratched up on the intake side and the exaust side of my piston in scraped up BAD! Right down the middle. So I guess all my compression is gone on that side. Ill have to pick up my tester tomorrow and see how many psi its making. This is a brand new top end too! I can see that it looks like when the rings hit the pv shaft, it was prob over compressing them up against the other side. It was making 182psi when I assembled the motor prior to running it. And when I ran it to break in it was fine, but after all this, it seems to have worn that side out. :mad: My pipe had like almost a cup of fuel sitting in it when I dumped it out. I dried it all out and re ran it, it fired for maybe 20 seconds then flooded out again. The other side runs perfect. Its strong enough to ride on 1 cyl, cant imagine how hard it would run on both. Im calling the shop tomorrow and demanding they fix it all themselves. There is another bunch of time and money wasted, along with a wasted bore on my nice cyls.