Works Shocks

swhitey917

Ok guys I found a cheap pair of works shocks locally that are 14 and a half eye to eye and I am thinking about purchasing them. My question is: Would an older pair of works shocks still be better than a decent pair of stock shocks and will i notice much of a difference between the two with stock a arm length and all? Please give your advice because i am waiting to but them or not.

Depends on the price. If the shocks are in good shape and valved to your weight they will ride better for sure. Are they dual/triple? Rez?

They look to be in pretty good shape....He wants $85 for them. but i am not sure what wait they are valved for. They are the works dual rate pro series.

worksshocks.jpg

Yeah that is what i was thinking. I was just making sure they would be better than what i have now because i don't want to waste my money.

But what kind of bike and a-arms were they valved for? If it's not a Banshee with your style arms, then they could ride worse then a blown set of stockers. As long as they are for the same bike and arms the riding style, and rider weight shouldnt make a huge difference.

But what kind of bike and a-arms were they valved for? If it's not a Banshee with your style arms, then they could ride worse then a blown set of stockers. As long as they are for the same bike and arms the riding style, and rider weight shouldnt make a huge difference.

The guy had them on a blaster

Well i got the shocks in the mail today guys.. They don't look half bad for the price I gave for them. The springs have a few chips in them and all but overall i am satisfied with my purchase.

How much does it cost to send your shock off and get it revalved to your weight and resprung?

Would anybody like to give a rookie a how 2 on how to adjust the stiffness and things on these shocks. I am new to the shock world and these seem a little soft to me but then again i have never rode on anything but the stokers so i dont really know what it is supposed to be like